• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: Belgium v Portugal (in Seville, Spain)

Who will win?

• Belgium

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kickoff 27 June, 21.00 CET/8pm BST

H2H (competitive): Belgium 3, drawn 3, Portugal 2 - first meeting in a finals tournament, Belgium has not beaten Portugal since 1989
Euro history: Belgium finalists 1980, semifinals 1972; Portugal champions 2016, finalists 2004, semifinals 3 times

Winner plays winner of Italy v Austria, in Munich, Germany

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Roy Keane obviously never missed the target once in his career.
Ha, quite. Renowned for his goalscoring, the mad Mick.

I'm kinda missing the unabomber/artisanal hipster twot beard he was sporting for the first round of group games though. Suited his whole mental/scary/unhinged schtick.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's one of these people who's generally very entertaining to listen to, but one you enjoy it turning off as much as hearing from

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Belgium looked really quite poor, gave up an awful lot of chances without creating anything at all on the counter. Like an illustration of how not to manage a game you’re winning and get away with it.

But I suppose Portugal are good enough that it doesn’t matter how you beat them.

DriveClub

International Regular
Portugal had couple of good chances that they should've put away especially the one earlier on which jota kicked wide

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Forearm smash to the head with intent. How is that not dangerous?
Especially when compared to the Harry Wilson foul that saw him red carded; I'm tempted to suggest that Wilson's just a softer target than Pepe. I think that Pepe's foul was also after the whistle had gone for a foul elsewhere on the pitch, so it was basically assault for it's own sake. Last night's game was fun in a sort of retro early 1980s way, and clearly the ref had completely lost control long before the final whistle. I'm not sure that Belgium deserved to win but I'm happy enough that they did. The Lukaku/Ronaldo embrace and chat at the end of the game was good to see.

Last edited: