• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 3 (Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia 'A' 344 & 345/7d
West Indies 'A' 332 & 361/6

West Indies 'A' won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Leon Garrick

Tremendous chase by the West Indies 'A' team to register their first 5D win!
-----------------
Zimbabwe 'A' 428 & 194
Cricketweb XI Devs 403 & 224/4

Cricketweb XI Devs won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Eyes Only

Brilliant batting from Age Master and Eyes Only. A purposeful bowling performance in the second innings, led by Neil and R_Powell_fan. That 2 in a row! Let's keep it up guys!

-----------------

Attachments

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Useful preformance with the ball, I'm aiming to be more consistent with the ball, I did once get a five-for in one of the five day matches didn't I, however my bowling average isn't as good as my wanted.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Under Code 2.5b in "The CW Cricketers Guide to all Cricketing aspects of Cricket - Cricketing Regulations"...

Any suggestion of/act of violence made against another Cricket Web player or official is punishable by death, or forced streaking. Any player found guilty of such an act by a jury of appointed celebrities, shall face either consequence depending on how drunk the judge is.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Any suggestion of/act of violence made against another Cricket Web player or official is punishable by death, or forced streaking. Any player found guilty of such an act by a jury of appointed celebrities, shall face either consequence depending on how drunk the judge is.
what about both :lol: :lol:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i hate letting u guys down, sorry bout my poor 1st innnings perfromance but at least in 2nd i took 2 for and got 30 odd runs.

it feels great to win 2 from 2 in 5day .

go the guys

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Nice to know the devs are going well..

we selectors keeping a constant eye on each of your performances and we constantly assess them.. im sure a few more good performances by some ppl might see them in the squad to tour england after the off season :P

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
...And I think you would agree with me Lord that Mr. Ponting deserves a promotion, don't you?:D :saint:

Mr Mxyzptlk

August 30th

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 187 46.2 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 188/7 42.2 overs

England 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Chris Silverwood

England 'A' get a much needed win...
------------------
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 161/8 50.0 overs
INDIA A 162/4 34.3 overs

India A won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Aavishkar Salvi

New Zealand 'A' recover from 1/4 but still feel the loss of Canning and Mason in the end.
------------------

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
think you got that wrong mr. mxy. on what planet would england beat south africa by that much?:O :rolleyes:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. Ponting said:
think you got that wrong mr. mxy. on what planet would england beat south africa by that much?:O :rolleyes:
NatWest Series? :P

And, 31-8-84-6 :) How many do I have now this series? And am I on course to break last season's record?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup.

Season 1:
33 wickets in 6 matches.

Season 2:
25 wickets in 5 matches.

The fact that you're playing more matches this season means that you probably will break last season's mark. However, James Kirtley had the most wickets last season with 51, so you have a long way to got for the overall mark. Tama Canning (38), Chris Silverwood (38) and Ian Butler (34).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup.
Season 2 OD.

3 wickets @ 49.
Econ. : 3.97
BB: 1/32
SR: 74

Ah, the joys of flat leg spin.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWXI to play OD v WI 'A'

Broncoman
Eyes Only + (vc)
Bugssy
Marc71178
Age Master
Paid the Umpire
R_Powell_fan
Mr Ponting
Umpire Money *
Chris Hinton
Neil Pickup

12th Man: Supah Freak

I was tempted to drop Neil, but in fairness to him, he's done well in an Ashley Giles role. Eyes Only has been promoted in a desperate ploy to find a decent opening partnership after repeated failures from Paid. Let's keep the streak alive guys (and gal).

Status
Not open for further replies.