• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

Flem274*

123/5
this all ends with dan being captain again
Great, a batsman who thinks he's a bowler and now can't even do either.

Or maybe they'll give it to Williamson, because what we really need to do is make a youngster who isn't even consistent with the bat or fully established at number three captain.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McCullum's batting record since 1st January 2011

Taylor's batting record since 1st January 2011

I see a 17 run difference over 15 tests in Taylor's favour there.

Make McCullum captain
I mean I haven't be paying that close attention, but to me it seemed like McCullum was barely doing enough to remain in the team (and these stats confirm that), so surely you'd think they would make him the keeper again before the captain but no stupid nz strikes

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ross Taylor should tell them to go and stuff it right where the sun don't shine, what an unbelievable ****ing farce. McCullum has to be one of the biggest parasites going around, as well as his cronies. If what they're saying is true, that Taylor felt he was being undermined by certain senior players then they should never play for New Zealand again. Hell afaic it's no different to fixing.

Arghh.
AWTA. This has been on the cards since Hesson took over. There was an article in the Dumonion Post about 6-8 weeks ago on the subject. Farcical is the word.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I mean I haven't be paying that close attention, but to me it seemed like McCullum was barely doing enough to remain in the team (and these stats confirm that), so surely you'd think they would make him the keeper again before the captain but no stupid nz strikes
Mccullum can't keep in tests anymore due to back injuries.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think McCullum is a bad team man and I don't think he's a bad player either. Does anyone seriously think he had a role to play in this? Was Taylor really being undermined?

Also, what idiots attribute batting collapses to the captain?

Since I've seen nothing in the newspapers yet I'm hoping this is just a rumour. Otherwise I think I've really had enough.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Since I've seen nothing in the newspapers yet I'm hoping this is just a rumour. Otherwise I think I've really had enough.
Last rumour I remember was the andy moles rumour.

Anyway lets hope common sense prevails. Hesson can't do this by himself.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
one network news confirmed the rumour and said it was part of a post tour review that Hesson was heavily involved with.

Flem274*

123/5
I can't get the link to work (suggesting hastly deletion) and there has been no announcement. Have we been trolled?

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
unless of course he was just been interviewed for a sound bite during the sport news.

I don't know how Deaker can devote a whole hour to that ab loss, the ****er.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
unless of course he was just been interviewed for a sound bite during the sport news.

I don't know how Deaker can devote a whole hour to that ab loss, the ****er.
OK they have reported that they phoned David White who just said no comment and an announcement would happen later this week.

I suspect Lawnbowls guy is involved in this coup as well.