• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rooney worth £50million - Everton

Craig

World Traveller
According to Everton CEO Bill Kenwright Wayne Rooney is worth £50m but has insisted he will not be going anywhere.

Yes Rooney is worth £50m and I will go on trial at Inter Milan next week and Diego Forlan will be voted the world's greatest ever player. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know he is has heaps of talent and potential and the like, but the only two people worth more then that are Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh, but let everton have it, tey arent gonna have a player of his ability again for a long time. hes worth what they are prepared to sell him for...

whats this got to do with euro 2004 anyway lol!

Craig

World Traveller
Well this is a football related forum, so I felt I would post here then in Off Topic.

Mind you his performances in Portugal have pushed up his asking price.

Craig

World Traveller
Which is why I made the reference to me going on trial at Inter and Diego Forlan (who I consider to be a lot better player then what he is given credit for) being voted the world's greatest ever player.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
So Craig, if you were Chief Executive of Everton, how much would you let him go for, considering the fact that both Chelsea and Real are willing to pay so much over the odds for everyone?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Rooney has been rumored to join Man Utd in a £30 million dollar transfur.

If this is true, was the purchase of Saha and Smith worth while?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
rooney wont go to man utd, they wont be able to afford him, chelsea is about the only side that could pay the right price, going to spain would be a bad move for rooneys career, maybe when hes 23 or 24, but not this contract.

Rich2001

International Captain
That's the whole point of silly price tags just to warn others away... you say £50 million is overpriced, well that's probably what 100 chairman around the world are thinking and as a result want even bother going after him... Everton have simply set a price that they know basically no-one will pay (although the Chelsea factor here of paying whatever might not count).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nostradamus...

Although he isnt going to be worth £100,000,000.. Unless the pound starts acting like the Zim dollar. :)

PommieMacGill

State Regular
Only player that I think is worth £50,000,000 or more is Zidane. The man's a pure genious. Did anyone see how he spewed up just before he was about to take the penalty against England? He spewed, then wiped his mouth and ran up and scored, easy stuff!

Rooney is quality and surely if someone is willing to pay so much Everton have got to sell him, what with the financial state they're in.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
broncoman said:
rooney wont go to man utd, they wont be able to afford him, chelsea is about the only side that could pay the right price, going to spain would be a bad move for rooneys career, maybe when hes 23 or 24, but not this contract.
United still happen to be the richest ckub in the world - but unfortunately it's all about pleasing the shareholders. On the club website, we're after him for 50 million...but I doubt it - the shareholders will lose money. :(