• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rizwan to captain Pakistan in Tests?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

What the hell? I am a big fan of Rizwan here but this is surely way too early? Is it related to Misbah stepping down as the selector?

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, its the weird kind of **** which you would expect in pakistan cricket.

Like binning somebody for 3 years, and then bringing them back suddenly and making them captain.

subshakerz

International Coach
At this point, there arent really many options. You can persist with Azhar and allow his to fail a couple more years before dropping him, burden your best bat at precisely the time he is about to peak, or try with Rizwan who at least seems to have a spark.

The thing is, if you see potential, you have to give him a long run like Graeme Smith had.

Shady Slim

International Coach
At this point, there arent really many options. You can persist with Azhar and allow his to fail a couple more years before dropping him, burden your best bat at precisely the time he is about to peak, or try with Rizwan who at least seems to have a spark.

The thing is, if you see potential, you have to give him a long run like Graeme Smith had.
i mean this is clearly the best option, because although my knowledge of pakistani domestix is not enormous, i feel that next man up + rizwan captain doesn't give you the output of azhar in and captaining with a free rizwan

at least do a changeover period where you give azhar the official captaincy and have him around to mentor rizwan in to it or something