• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Debut Chronology Draft: Voting

Pick the three best teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ataraxia

International Coach
Reverse Debut Chronology Draft voting.

Pick the three best teams from the ones below.

honestbharani:

Simon Katich (c)
Shane Watson
David Boon
Graeme Pollock
Sachin Tendulkar
Trevor Goddard (vc)
Jeff Dujon (wk)
Ravi Ashwin
Axar Patel
Frank Foster
Neil Adcock

Fuller Pilch:

1. Glenn Turner
2. Arthur Morris
3. Kane Williamson (c)
4. Ken Barrington
5. Jacques Kallis
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mohammed Rizwan (wk)
8. Kyle Jamieson
9. Jim Laker
10. Dennis Lillee
11. Waqar Younis

kingkallis:

Gordon Greenidge /
Matthew Hayden /
Hashim Amla /
Stan McCabe / o (6)
Michael Hussey /
Clyde Walcott / +
Warwick Armstrong / o (c) (5)
Vernon Philander o / (2)
Hedley Verity o (4)
Fred Trueman o (1)
Joel Garner o (3)

ankitj:

Len Hutton (c)
Bruce Mitchell
Marnus Labuschagne
Martin Crowe
Babar Azam
AB de Villiers
Alan Knott (wk)
Hugh Trumble
Wess Hall
Andy Roberts
Curtly Ambrose

Himannv:

01. Bill Ponsford
02. David Warner
03. Wally Hammond*
04. Kumar Shri Ranjitsinhji
05. Phil Mead
06. Quinton de Kock+
07. Jack Gregory
08. Alan Davidson
09. Mitchell Johnson
10. Michael Holding
11. Muthiah Muralitharan

ataraxia:

1) WG Grace* / o
2) Herbert Sutcliffe /
3) Ian Chappell /
4) Viv Richards /
5) Frank Worrell* / o
6) Mushtaq Mohammad / o
7) Mike Procter o /
8) Ian Healy + /
9) Shane Warne o
10) Frank Tyson o
11) Dale Steyn o

Line and Length:

J.Hobbs /
B.Richards /
R.Richardson /
R.Kanhai /
S.Waugh * /o
B.Stokes /o
A.Gilchrist +
K.Dev /o
P.Pollock o
A.Qadir o
S.Barnes o

Michaelf7777777:

Geoffrey Boycott
Bill Lawry
Charles Macartney (6)
Mahela Jayawardene
Andy Flower (+)
Kevin Pietersen
Imran Khan (1) (*)
Wilfred Rhodes (5)
Neil Wagner (3)
Shane Bond (2)
Bill O'Reilly (4)

AndrewB:

Vijay Merchant
Hanif Mohammad
Denis Compton
Everton Weekes
Kumar Sangakkara+
Stanley Jackson
Garry Sobers
Monty Noble*
Kagiso Rabada
Ian Bishop
Allan Donald

trundler:

Arthur Shrewsbury
Archie McLaren
Donald Bradman*
Brian Lara
Younus Khan
Allan Border
Matt Prior
Ian Botham
Ryan Harris
Patrick Cummins
Rangana Herath

JOJOXI:

Virender Sehwag
Sunil Gavaskar (c)
Ted Dexter (6)
Neil Harvey
Steve Smith
Aubrey Faulkner (5)
MS Dhoni (wk)
Shaun Pollock (3)
Wasim Akram (1)
Hugh Tayfield (4)
John Snow (2)

Pothas:

Alastair Cook
Victor Trumper
Rahul Dravid
Javed Miandad
Joe Root
Rishabh Pant
Keith Miller
Malcolm Marshall
Clarrie Grimmett
Colin Croft
James Anderson

Red:

Bill Woodfull *
Saeed Anwar
Greg Chappell
Virat Kohli
David Gower
Les Ames +
George Giffen 5
Ray Lindwall 2
CTB Turner 4
Courtney Walsh 3
Glenn McGrath 1

Teuton:

Graeme Smith
Justin Langer
George Headley
Ricky Ponting
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
BJ Watling
Ravindra Jadeja
Richie Benaud c
Richard Hadlee
Bob Willis
Jasprit Bumrah

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely an entertaining draft conducted extremely well. Thanks to all. Tough choice voting - will get to that later.

ataraxia

International Coach
Well run draft, ataraxia drafted a fantastic team... :ph34r:

But more seriously, I wasn't expecting to win with that side. 8 bowlers and Chappelli + Grace isn't very CW drafting-esque - but I'll take it. :p

JOJOXI drafted a very good team, and I can't help wondering whether it was better than mine. Definitely very close in quality at the least.

I hope you guys enjoyed the draft - I sure did.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Well run draft, ataraxia drafted a fantastic team... :ph34r:

But more seriously, I wasn't expecting to win with that side. 8 bowlers and Chappelli + Grace isn't very CW drafting-esque - but I'll take it. :p

JOJOXI drafted a very good team, and I can't help wondering whether it was better than mine. Definitely very close in quality at the least.

I hope you guys enjoyed the draft - I sure did.
Indeed you did run the draft and create a strong team ?. Think the 3-5 won it for you was a very strong area of your squad. Thanks for running the draft and congrats Ataraxia

ataraxia

International Coach
Chappelli isn't rated very highly on CW, so I think it was just that a mix of excellent players with good and ok players led a lot of people to vote me as their #2 or #3 side, and perhaps the other sides were a bit polarising? I don't know really, it seems much harder to get a first draft win than subsequent ones.

JOJOXI

Chappelli isn't rated very highly on CW, so I think it was just that a mix of excellent players with good and ok players led a lot of people to vote me as their #2 or #3 side, and perhaps the other sides were a bit polarising? I don't know really, it seems much harder to get a first draft win than subsequent ones.
Ah, might explain why I've ended up with him quite a few times in drafts! Certainly wouldn't rate him alongside a Hammond/Headley etc but think I rate him higher than others perhaps - certainly as a 3-5 I thought it was good and one of the strongest 3-5s, meant the 2 allrounders that followed (mainly Proctor didn't raise many eyebrows of a slightly shallower batting line up. Steyn and Warne certainly help too and openers were half decent I've heard!

And yeah definetly re first win, think my only 2 wins have been drafts run by Line and Length think perhaps Line and Length is my lucky charm!

ataraxia

International Coach
Ah, might explain why I've ended up with him quite a few times in drafts! Certainly wouldn't rate him alongside a Hammond/Headley etc but think I rate him higher than others perhaps - certainly as a 3-5 I thought it was good and one of the strongest 3-5s, meant the 2 allrounders that followed (mainly Proctor didn't raise many eyebrows of a slightly shallower batting line up. Steyn and Warne certainly help too and openers were half decent I've heard!

And yeah definetly re first win, think my only 2 wins have been drafts run by Line and Length think perhaps Line and Length is my lucky charm!
CW generally rates Chappelli on the tier below the likes of Hussey, Root, H Taylor, and Lloyd; I thought my side was pretty much half below-par, half above-par, maybe putting Healy/Grace/Tyson in the middle. So I'm decently surprised by the win, yeah.

It's good to have chats about draft picks as you don't really get a chance to do it otherwise unless you follow CC closely for a year or so (and don't care about the repetitive AT ODI discussion).

JOJOXI

CW generally rates Chappelli on the tier below the likes of Hussey, Root, H Taylor, and Lloyd; I thought my side was pretty much half below-par, half above-par, maybe putting Healy/Grace/Tyson in the middle. So I'm decently surprised by the win, yeah.

It's good to have chats about draft picks as you don't really get a chance to do it otherwise unless you follow CC closely for a year or so (and don't care about the repetitive AT ODI discussion).
Interesting to hear, I only pop my head in those ATG threads every now and again and don't contribute to them but that is interesting to hear re him being rated below those guys - thought for his record at 3 and as captain he would be in and amongst one or 2 of that group although Root will probably be higher rated once he retires perhaps.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forgot to vote but congratulations to the deserving winner.

If I can't win with Bradman I'm cursed lol

trundler

Also I'm thinking of a draft where you get your pick based on the number of tests your previous pick has played. Would like to hear suggestions about fine tuning that

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to ataraxia and JOJOXI. Happy to get a few votes myself this time. Thanks to all involved for an entertaining draft.

Himannv

International Coach

I just rate him as a no. 3 so I don't really compare him with Hussey or Root. As JOJOXI said, he's not in the tier of a Headley/Hammond/Viv and I think I'd have the likes of Dravid/Ponting ahead of him. He's in the next tier though.

trundler

I'd say Younis/Worrell/Compton would slot in between those guys and Chappell too. So that's tier 4 by my reckoning. :ph34r:

Himannv

International Coach
I'd say Younis/Worrell/Compton would slot in between those guys and Chappell too. So that's tier 4 by my reckoning. :ph34r:
Worrell perhaps, but not the other two - Younis is better at 4 and I prefer Compton at 5 for some reason.

Himannv

International Coach
Ian Chappell averages 50+ at no 3 and is actually a brilliant player of spin as well. Failures in other positions are what bring his average down.

JOJOXI

Also I'm thinking of a draft where you get your pick based on the number of tests your previous pick has played. Would like to hear suggestions about fine tuning that
Intrigued don't have much of a concrete idea for fine tuning a random idea is

(perhaps you could only be able to pick players who have played the number of test matches that are a factor or multiple of your last picks number of tests. So if your first pick played 30 Tests you could pick someone who has played 1,2, 3,4, 5, 6, 10,15, 60, 90, 120 or 150 Tests. If you then picked a 2nd player who had played 15 Tests the 3rd could play 1, 3 or 5 Tests or a multiple of 15 and so on)