• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Batting Average Draft

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'll be picking guys in order of descending batting average. Variable round order with highest average gets first pick. Round 1 will be a free for all at a time that works for everyone. Looking for as many drafters as possible. No other draft going on ATM so you guys have no excuse.

trundler

In please, is a certain 99.94 averaging batsman eligible?
I usually defer to the hivemind on these things. I was thinking if you pick him your next pick automatically becomes say, Bert Sutcliffe or Ian Bell thereby pushing you down the queue and limiting your options to compensate for the advantage.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In

You'll be picking guys in order of descending batting average. Variable round order with highest average gets first pick. Round 1 will be a free for all at a time that works for everyone. Looking for as many drafters as possible. No other draft going on ATM so you guys have no excuse.
Highest average getting early pick doesn't seem like a penalty!

Last edited:

trundler

Maybe not at first but once we get to the bowlers, it'll get tight. Plus you'd be tempted to pick small career h4x players.

You're right though; I just flipped the ascending average format. Thoughts on how to fix it if it's a problem?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe not at first but once we get to the bowlers, it'll get tight. Plus you'd be tempted to pick small career h4x players.

You're right though; I just flipped the ascending average format. Thoughts on how to fix it if it's a problem?
We can try. It's fine if it doesn't turn out to be a good draft. We are not paying for it.

trundler

That's 10 already. Would like 5 or so more plz. Will give this a day and a half or so.

Also, variable round orders with highest getting first pick in each round, no rounds at all or something else altogether?

Also, is everyone okay with the Bert Sutcliffe penalty?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No rounds at all. It will still work with high averages as there are players you are still going to want to reach for and compromise picks to get you an early pick the next time around.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting first pick is a big advantage though so maybe reverse the order for round 2 and then no rounds from there.