• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Batting Average Draft - Voting Thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
A:
✓ Marcuss 9
✓ Pothas 5
StephenZA 3
Honest Hunks 1

B:
Teuton 4
Ataraxia 1
✓ JOJOXI 7
✓ Himannv 6

C:
✓ Charter77 9
Nintendo 0
✓ Red Hill 7
Fuller Pilch 2

D:
Trundler 3
✓ KingKallis 6
✓ AnkitJ 6
Line and Length 1

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
QF1

MarcussHimannv
Hanif Mohammad01. Sunil Gavaskar
Archie Jackson02. Conrad Hunte
Kane Williamson03. Peter May**
Ken Barrington04. Vijay Hazare
Everton Weekes05. Michael Clarke*
Lindsay Hassett06. Gary Sobers
Adam Gilchrist07. Jim Parks+
Wasim Akram08. Shaun Pollock
Mitch Johnson09. Curtly Ambrose
Graeme Swann10. Ian Bishop
Glenn McGrath11. Subash Gupte

QF 2

Red HillAnkitJ
Virender SehwagBruce Mitchell
Sid BarnesArthur Shrewsbury
Rohan KanhaiGeorge Headley
Brian LaraYounis Khan
David GowerEddie Paynter
Clive Lloyd *Stanley Jackson [5]
Dinesh Chandimal +Imran Khan [2] (c)
Malcolm MarshallDenis Lindsay (wk)
Wes HallFred Trueman [1]
Courtney WalshAlec Bedser [3]
Alf ValentineBishen Singh Bedi [4]

QF 3

PothasJOJOXI
Vijay MerchantHerbert Sutcliffe
Bill WoodfullGeoffrey Boycott
Ricky PontingRahul Dravid
Jacques KallisKevin Pietersen
Joe RootMichael Hussey (c)
Inzamam-ul-HaqMushtaq Mohammed (5)
Alec StewartLes Ames (wk)
Jack GregoryMike Procter (3)
Ravi AshwinDennis Lillee (1)
Pat CumminsJeff Thomson (2)
Waqar YounisLance Gibbs (4)

QF 4

Charter 77KingKallis
W. G. Grace (6)Gordon Greenidge /
Bert SutcliffeMatthew Hayden /
Don Bradman (*)Greg Chappell / o
Clem HillWally Hammond / o
Victor TrumperStan McCabe / o
John Waite (+)Mahela Jayawardene /
Kapil Dev (4)Ian Botham o /
Vernon Philander (2)Alan Knott + /
Peter Pollock (3)Dale Steyn o
George Lohmann (1)Derek Underwood o
Bill O'Reilly (5)Shoaib Akhtar o

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
QF1: Very very close. Just going for Marcuss because of Gilchrist who gives one extra batsman effectively. Himannv also has Sobers which gives him a better 5th bowler but possibly doesn't compensate enough for the advantage Gilly gives. Very very close.

QF2: Abstain

QF3: Hardly anything between the 2. Going Pothas because of Kallis

QF4: Going for Charter 77 because he built a superb team despite the handicap that came with picking Bradman. Got Grace, Trumper and Hill, an ensemble of better-than-their-average batsmen

kingkallis

International Coach
QF1: Himmanv - Thats one hell of a team. Both players built good batting teams. Gilchrist = Sobers in that middle order. McGrath, Wasim, Mitch, Swann >Ambrose, Pollock, Bishop, Gupte though.
QF2: Red Hill - Marshall, Hall, Walsh seals it!
QF3: JOJOXI - Batting lineups are almost identical. JOJO has better bowling unit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All tough shouts, in the first battle I think Himannv just edges the bowling, but going to have to give Marcuss the Garland as his bowling isn't embarrassed by the comparison, he has a stronger top order and a nice depth to his batting, with only really McGrath a rank bunny.

Ankitj in the second. Think it's just a slightly better balanced XI, loathe as I am to vote against any team with BC Lara and MD Marshall in it.

Third one is a proper ball tearer, both have XIs with five man attacks supplemented by part timers of varying quality and genuine keeper batsmen. The only real difference is Pothas has four seamers and a spinner whereas JOJO has a 3/2 seam/spin split. Think I have to go with Pothas, just as Inzi at #6 tips the batting in his favour and Root's offies are probably the best of the part time options to supplement Ashwin, if needed.

Fourth scarcely less of a poser. Waite and Kapil are maybe each a spot higher than one would ideally wish, but that trifling concern is offset by Charter 77's #3, who one understands was a bit useful on his day. KK probably has a stronger 1-8 and Steyn and Shoaib in tandem would be a lot of fun, but can't vote against WG and Sir Donald so Charter 77 it is.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
QF1: Marcuss has the superior bowling attack and that splits the two in my eyes.

QF2: The West Indian inclusions, when at their prime, win it for Red Hill.

QF3: Very tough. Both well balanced units. JOJOXI on the toss of a coin.

QF4: Despite the Bradman factor, I think kingkallis bats deeper.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
QF1 - Marcuss - very close as I prefer Himannv's openers and number 6 and Marcuss's 3-5 and 7. Probably prefer Marcuss's seam attack as a whole although I'd have Bishop > Johnson as a 3rd seamer. I think Himannv with Sobers as a 2nd possible spin option has a better spin attack though.

QF2 - Red Hill - I think I prefer Red Hills batting marginally and the quality of the pace attack slightly negates Chandimal at 7 which I was a bit iffy about at first glance. A close one though as AnkitJ has some real standout names there!

QF4 - KingKallis - echo the sentiments that Charter77 done extremely well given the handicap and guess any draft with Bradman brings about the debate of how far ahead he should be rated above the modern greats. Nonetheless I think despite, as BoyBrumby puts it, Charter 77 having a batsman "a bit useful on his day", I prefer the overall XI of KingKallis

Himannv

International Coach
QF1 - Marcuss is giving out likes - I'll consider this a win.
QF2 - I'll give it to Ankitj. This is a tight game and I think Valentine probably takes the team down a notch compared to Bedi on the other side.
QF3 - I have no idea. Pothas just about... erm... because of Inzy at 6. Who paired these two together anyway? Was it trundler? What a prat!
QF4 - kk has the better team overall but Bradman + Grace really does catch the imagination. Plus that's a good bowling side as well. I'll give it to Micheal as that's a really good side to end up with despite the handicap.