• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Restricted Draft - Voting

kingkallis

International Coach
Van Der Bijl was an opener.. are you saying he was not good?
Nourse and May fantastic, Clarke very good, Azharuddin and Fredericks decent. Definitely not the best batting side but not too bad I would feel.
If you consider Jadeja 0.5 a bowler, do you say the same about Lillee too?

#BrownLivesMatter
The problem is that we have to allocate points to each team. When you are giving 2,3,4 points - only negative points comes out of your mind and nothing positive. If you think of positives then the points looks a lot less in comparison with the efforts put in by the drafters hence it may look a bit negative. My apologies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No no, u r free to rate them the way you want. I was asking which factor you were considering: Was it that Van der Bijl was not a regular opener (coz he was) or that he was not that good as an opener (subjective, but obviously your call). I just wanted to know on what basis you said that was dragging my team down, that is all. :)

kingkallis

International Coach
No no, u r free to rate them the way you want. I was asking which factor you were considering: Was it that Van der Bijl was not a regular opener (coz he was) or that he was not that good as an opener (subjective, but obviously your call). I just wanted to know on what basis you said that was dragging my team down, that is all. :)
Oh no no I am not saying he was not good. He only played 4-5 games if I am not wrong hence I am not in favor of considering him as a VERY good openers the way others drafted theirs. van der Bijl and Melville both had good records at test level but they have very modest record FC records.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The problem is that we have to allocate points to each team. When you are giving 2,3,4 points - only negative points comes out of your mind and nothing positive. If you think of positives then the points looks a lot less in comparison with the efforts put in by the drafters hence it may look a bit negative. My apologies.
No qualms about the points mate. Just felt the 3.5 bowlers comment was very very inaccurate when I have 4.5 bowlers including WG.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like we have had 8 of the 9 contestants voting.

Points given and (votes).

Teuton 56 (7)
Line & Length 52 (7)
king kallis 49 (7)
Trundler 44 (7)
Andrew B 40 (7)
weldone 43 (7)
ataraxia 27 (8)
JOJOXI 27 (7)
honestbharani 24 (7)

Final placings based on points per vote:
Teuton 8.00
Line & Length 7.43
kingkallis 7.00
Trundler 6.28
Andrew B 5.71
weldone 4.71
JOJOXI 3.86
honestbharani 3.43
ataraxia 3.37

Congratulations to Teuton who was aptly called "The Bradman of Drafts" in another thread.

Thanks again to all participants and for those who followed up with their votes.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Thanks for running the draft Line and Length. Good job for the first time too with the new idea. Look forward to more.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Delay in returning to this thread but congratulations to Teuton - justifying the Bradman comparison :laugh:

Also thanks to Line and Length for setting the draft up - its been a very good draft to be a part of.