• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Representative Honours

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is there a State of Origin in this? And an English equivalent? What about a RL World Cup? :D

And are we going to have different nationalities to the league that we're actually playing in? And if so, can we nominate our nationalities being different to what they really are? I.e. I'll claim being Irish :)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
I.e. I'll claim being Irish :)
Just so you can make the team easily?;)

There will be matches other than just NRL and Super League. These will be disclosed later.

Blaze

Banned
It would be swell if NZ were included. I would solve their half back problem and Lord would be very handy as an outside back to replace someone useless like Meli. A Tri Nations tournament at the end of each season has appeal IMO.

KennyD

Blaze said:
It would be swell if NZ were included. I would solve their half back problem and Lord would be very handy as an outside back to replace someone useless like Meli. A Tri Nations tournament at the end of each season has appeal IMO.
Considering you are good enough of course.

If such things were introduced, remember it would be only the very best players out of the two sides who would be deemed good enough to represent their country. Maybe there would be none at all?

David

International 12th Man
In all likely hood there'd be none at all currently. Not until we get through a few seasons will players have developed enough.

Blaze

Banned
^ True but I would be a likely candidate as I already have 8 seasons of experience under my belt. If internationals did happen would players who have retired from rep football IRL be elligible for international selection. ie Stacy Jones and Shane Webcke

KennyD

Blaze said:
^ True but I would be a likely candidate as I already have 8 seasons of experience under my belt. If internationals did happen would players who have retired from rep football IRL be elligible for international selection. ie Stacy Jones and Shane Webcke
But you were crap during those 8 seasons. You are only going to come good once you start playing for the CW Scorpions. Then you have to take couple of seasons to prove yourself for them before making an international side.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think Blaze you might have to secure the half back spot for the Scorpions before you can even starting thinking about rep football.

On another note has David changed his decision to move to England cus it seems im back in the ESL team.

KennyD

chaminda_00 said:
I think Blaze you might have to secure the half back spot for the Scorpions before you can even starting thinking about rep football.
Very true, considering the amount of options available to the Scorpions due to the amount of ball players we have. We could play 2 five eigths in the halves - like having a Barret & Anasta combo.

Blaze

Banned
KennyD said:
But you were crap during those 8 seasons. You are only going to come good once you start playing for the CW Scorpions. Then you have to take couple of seasons to prove yourself for them before making an international side.

Ok fair enough I get where you're coming from.

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:

Very true.. it was just something i was curious about though. Purely hypothetical.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
A tri nations with England instead of South Africa? Perhaps, but what about people like Hakon, Sriram, etc?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
A tri nations with England instead of South Africa? Perhaps, but what about people like Hakon, Sriram, etc?
The Rugby League Tri Nations does have England instead of South Africa :lol:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Then there's no change necessary. However, Hakon, Tarique, Sriram, Xavier and Tharmi (I think) aren't Australian, Kiwi or English. I guess they can simply elect a country they want to play for.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Then there's no change necessary. However, Hakon, Tarique, Sriram, Xavier and Tharmi (I think) aren't Australian, Kiwi or English. I guess they can simply elect a country they want to play for.
*goes to found Norway Rugby Football League Board*

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I want to play for Lancashire or NSW, i don't care about Internationals, cus its a joke anyway. But if Sri Lanka make the World Cup then i will play for them.

Last edited: