• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recommend me a new cricket bat

Andy Cullen

Cricket Spectator
At the end of last season my cricket bat died an unfortunate death so i'm in need of a new one. Up to now, I have mainly only owned 'Crusader' bats as I can get them cheap through my club. Now i feel like spreading my wings a little.

Been looking at the Puma Ballistic, G&M Duelist 909 or a Gray Nicolls Powerbow. Does anybody have any experience with any of these? Otherwise is there a paticular bat I should look out for in your opinion? My budget is up to £150, can't really go any higher.

Many thanks

Dydl

International Debutant
Jungle Jumbo said:
I'd go with the Purist. I've got a Kookaburra Diablo Ltd Edition - works a treat.
Yeah, but if you're looking fora good bat, anything Kookaburra is good, IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
I've got the same issue, but not so specific on the cost, just want a top-quality bat with light pick-up. I've been thinking GM Purist, CA, SS Sunridges or BAS Vampire, but I need to get it from India (Delhi). Would those be available there?

Don

State Vice-Captain
i wud go with the purist.i have one but i messed it up though.

has anyone used any of the rebok bats.i just bought a super drive and wanted to know if anyone has any info on them

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i recently got a new V800, its quite a good bat, apparently the Slazengers have sold pretty well this year especially Clarke's bat, its a V8 player i think...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don said:

has anyone used any of the rebok bats.i just bought a super drive and wanted to know if anyone has any info on them
They've received some good reviews actually.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Don said:

Dig!

I've got a Reebok. Bit heavy, but it still goes beautifully. Haven't used it in a real game yet though.