• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rachin -The Kiwi wonderkid

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With the batting stocks that the Kiwis usually have, if the lad keeps up the good work then I expect him to get in the team by 2014 and then to score 1000+ each year so expect this post digging to take place by 2019-2020:p
13 hey? That'll break Hasan Raza's supposed record by about a year, and probably the real record by about 4.

chalky

International Debutant
Incredible but... ugh, can't believe people have put a video of him up online. It sickens me to see talk of 13, 14 year old footballers commanding huge (six-figure) transfer fees in the press over here, but to see a 6-year-old on YouTube, and then someone (his father?) discussing his cricket with other people from across the world is just plain wrong. Stupid amount of pressure.
Off topic but I read that Man U & Arsenal were tracking a 12 year old prodigy which I find a little wrong.

Flem274*

123/5
Incredible footwork. He'll be in our under 19's by the age of 12.
Does anybody else find the idea of a 12 year old smashing 19 year olds around the park amusing?

Long way to go yet mind, don't think we should do a Sachin with him, Western world kids become adult-like later than the subcontinent kids due to the different cultures. (Hope that doesn't sound rascist)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Does anybody else find the idea of a 12 year old smashing 19 year olds around the park amusing?
When I was a kid, we used to holiday at a friend's bach in Whangamata with another family. Me (aged 8) and the two boys from the other family (aged 9 and 11) played cricket day and night for a week. Towards the end of the week, three adult guys who were holidaying at the place next door came over and challenged us to a game.

We won. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hope to God the kid is allowed a normal life and gets into cricket for the right reasons, like coz he loves it etc...

And hope he doesn't get bogged too much with the pressure and stuff. All the best to him... :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Goughy on this one, has a cookie-cutter technique at the moment and most of it will need to be unlearned. That said, his footwork and timing are amazing for his age so have little doubt he'll be able to adjust. His father replies to just about every comment on the videos so that suggests a rather cloistered upbringing. He might dominate at youth level but it won't help him when he's up against the big boys.....

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
He is certainly special for his age.

Tho reading comments about him already being targeted for future International honours is laughable. People develop at different rates. Being good at that age means nothing in the long run, as impressive as it is.

BTW, what a strange world we live in now that a 6 yr old from the opposite side of the World (for me) is showing their ability and Im watching and commenting. Information age gone too far?
Read from post 18 to 20.

:laugh: :laugh:

Forgive me Xuhaib, but it's just too funny :p.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Read from post 18 to 20.

:laugh: :laugh:

Forgive me Xuhaib, but it's just too funny :p.
:laugh:

The irony of the comments being that this child is being developed in quite a traditional English way.

That is the complete opposite of natural talent. That is taught and structured technique.

Nothing natural in the slightest from what is available to see.

The world is full of kids that look amazing at a young age but hit their peak young and never amount to anything. To suggest this kid is a once in a generation talent is dramatically over selling it. Some people are a little overly excitable.

As for this comment

Xoib said:
Natural talent is something that these ***** dont believe in much
Not sure where to start or how much offense to take.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha sheesh, wish I could play that well at 20....

I don't claim to be an expert, but even given the fact that he's obviously been coached, he still must have a considerable amount of talent to actually make use of that coaching? That said, it's ridiculous to talk him up for professional & international cricket already, he's 6 ffs...

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Hadlee has a habit of chucking people in early, if this guys any good and we get another injury crisis I'm backing this bloke for next year.:happy:

Precambrian

Banned
The issue when coaching young guys (even upto a lot older than this kid) is that you are not coaching them to be the best they possibly can be at that age but coaching them to develop and grow for the future.

I prefer the link (though still dont like the title) of the 5 year old. Its far more natural and free. There is a lack of structured play that I find more than a little sad and awkward in a 6 year old.

He is learning technique at 6 when that technique will have to be completely re-worked when he is in his teens.
Can't agree with you more there. Darn, he will undergo a lot of transitions, he will gain a lot of height, and a batsman's height plays an important factor in his technique. This is just crass imititation.

Honestly, when I was lik 8 or 9, I used to very good imitations of batting techniques of the then players like the young Tendulkar (on yuor toes cover drive) etc, but that's just child's play. Leave it as it is and please dont overwrite on his natural talents.

Xuhaib

International Coach
:laugh:

The irony of the comments being that this child is being developed in quite a traditional English way.

That is the complete opposite of natural talent. That is taught and structured technique.

Nothing natural in the slightest from what is available to see.

The world is full of kids that look amazing at a young age but hit their peak young and never amount to anything. To suggest this kid is a once in a generation talent is dramatically over selling it. Some people are a little overly excitable.

As for this comment

Not sure where to start or how much offense to take.
Just like **** is a slang for Pakistanis, Aussie a slang for Australians the same way 'gora' is a slang for brits used commanly by us, don't know why it is considered a racial slur on Pak passion since I never thought of it as one.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Poor form, fella. Throwing around insults about someone, and not just anyone, a respected CWer, on another forum. Expected better of you than that.
In Pakistan we call Brits 'goras' never thought of it as a racial slur, when I used the word it was just casually and was quite surprised to see the word getting censored.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just like **** is a slang for Pakistanis, Aussie a slang for Australians the same way 'gora' is a slang for brits used commanly by us, don't know why it is considered a racial slur on Pak passion since I never thought of it as one.
In Pakistan we call Brits 'goras' never thought of it as a racial slur, when I used the word it was just casually and was quite surprised to see the word getting censored.
Hmm, fair enough. Guess the one trouble with filters - especially unfamiliar filters - is that the imagination is left run wild and one could imagine something to be something else.

I guess I'm not the best person to talk on this matter, as I'll never, ever be offended by any form of noun directed at me, if the person concerned is someone I like it obviously won't bother me, if the person concerned is someone I dislike I obviously won't give a flying **** what they call me.

Knowing Kev, though, I highly doubt he'd be terribly bothered to be referred to as a gora.