• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quiz Draft

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
John Waite, South Africa's greatest Wicket Keeper Batsman

Kyear 11

Barry Richards
Justin Langer
Rahul Dravid
Neil Harvey
Garry Sobers (c)
Colin Cowdrey (vc)
John Waite (wk)
Ian Bishop
Dennis Lillee
Colin Croft
Dereck Underwood

An ATG opening batsman and the perfect left handed fighting partner in Langer. Dravid is the Wall, some say India's best match winning batsman of the era and Neil Harvey is the greatest Australian lefty batsman after Border and averaged just under 50 in Tests. Sobers in the greatest All Rounder ever and Cowdrey was a majestic player who was the first to play 100 tests. Lillee's record speaks for itself and as seen by some as the greatest fast bowler ever. His opeing Partner Bishop as an opening bowler took 108 wickets at 20.83 with a striike rate under 49, if he didn't have that back injury its no telling how great he could have become. Croft similarly has a career average of 23 and a strike rate of 49 and to finish off this balanced bowling attack is Sobers and probably Englands greatest spinner in Underwood who finished his career with an average of 25.83 and a mid 70's strike rate, phenomenal for a slower bowler. Waite was named by Cricinfo as South Africa's wicketkeeper in their all time team. Star Power, toughness and pure raw pace and agression.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
John Waite, South Africa's greatest Wicket Keeper Batsman

Kyear 11

Barry Richards
Justin Langer
Rahul Dravid
Neil Harvey
Garry Sobers (c)
Colin Cowdrey (vc)
John Waite (wk)
Ian Bishop
Dennis Lillee
Colin Croft
Dereck Underwood

An ATG opening batsman and the perfect left handed fighting partner in Langer. Darvid is the Wall and Neil Harvey is the greatest Australian batsman after Border and averaged just under 50 in Tests. Sobers in the greatest All Rounder ever and Cowdrey was a majestic player who was the first to play 100 tests. Lillee's record speaks for itself and as seen by some as the greatest fast bowler ever. His opeing Partner Bishop as an opening bowler took 108 wickets at 20.83 with a striike rate under 49, if he didn't have that back injury its no telling how great he could have become. Croft similarly has a career average of 23 and a strike rate of 49 and to finish off this balanced bowling attack is Sobers and probably Englands greatest spinner in Underwood who finished his career with an average of 25.83 and a mid 70's strike rate, phenomenal for a slower bowler. Waite was named by Cricinfo as South Africa's wicketkeeper in their all time team. Star Power, toughness and pure raw pace and agression.
who's Darvid? :)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Becasue again **** boring openers:

1.Sanath Jayasuriya
2.Roy Fredericks
3.Younis Khan
4.Stan McCabe
5.Inzamam-ul-Haq
6.Keith Miller
7.Alec Stewart (wk)
8.Kapil Dev
9.Richie Benaud (c)
10.Dale Steyn
11.Bill O’Reilly

Happy with this, was always picking around middle positons and probably reflects that. Got what I normaly go for though, excellent and well varied bowling lineup (enjoy the two leggies) with a somewhat less illustrious but entertainng batting lineup with plenty of depth.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

1.Sanath Jayasuriya
2.Roy Fredericks
3.Younis Khan
4.Stan McCabe
5.Inzamam-ul-Haq
6.Keith Miller
7.Alec Stewart (wk)
8.Kapil Dev
9.Richie Benaud (c)
10.Dale Steyn
11.Bill O’Reilly

Happy with this, was always picking around middle positons and probably reflects that. Got what I normaly go for though, excellent and well varied bowling lineup (enjoy the two leggies) with a somewhat less illustrious but entertainng batting lineup with plenty of depth.
Good side. I'll personally inter-change Inzamam and Younis, maybe.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

1.Sanath Jayasuriya
2.Roy Fredericks
3.Younis Khan
4.Stan McCabe
5.Inzamam-ul-Haq
6.Keith Miller
7.Alec Stewart (wk)
8.Kapil Dev
9.Richie Benaud (c)
10.Dale Steyn
11.Bill O’Reilly

Wonderful team

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Bastard, don't post while I'm posting:@

Seriously though, you both have great teams but I prefer Pothas' team more. Miller the difference

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or possibly move Stewart to 3, particularly if the team bats first so he's not knackered from keeping.
Was going to have McCabe at 3, sure he would have been a really great one if you knw that other guy had not been around.

Younis got a good record there though so went for him in the end.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In what I think is a bargain for the second half of the last round, I'll take Eddie Paynter

The 'Who Needs a Witty Title Anyway?' XI
  1. Sir Leonard Hutton
  2. Dennis Amiss
  3. Charles Macartney
  4. Sir Frank Worrell (c)
  5. Eddie Paynter
  6. Doug Walters
  7. Denis Lindsay (wk)
  8. Mike Procter
  9. Alan Davidson
  10. Bobby Peel
  11. Brian Statham

Will write up profiles and post them shortly.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Eddie remained available???
I couldn't believe it either. He was actually on my target list from the start, more or less, but never got picked up by anyone, and I kept prioritising other positions ahead of Paynter's. Was extremely glad he did last though.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Tich Freeman

1. Bill Ponsford
2. Bill Woodfull
3. Saeed Anwar
4. Patsy Hendren
5. Zaheer Abbas
6. Les Ames
7. Hedley Verity
8. Merv Hughes
9. Fred Trueman