• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quintion DE Kock

Kirkut

International Regular
Why no furore over Pakistani cricketers not taking the knee?

Leave the guy alone and taking the knee should be voluntary.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
QdK was putting his own beliefs and principles ahead of an action that, had he followed the directive, would have been the height of hypocrisy. I don't necessarily share his beliefs, but I have more respect for him than those who are simply making a token gesture to be seen to be doing 'the right thing'.

smash84

The Tiger King

There seems to be more furore over the Indian team taking the knee than the Pakistan team not taking it.

Stefan9

International Debutant

Whole Pakistan team did it together and Pakistan doesn't have the racial history SA does.

I don't blame QDK. It's terrible management throwing this mandate at the team on the morning of the game.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
.Whoa, it's almost like he's human and made a decision that he later thought would be worth changing with a different perspective.

In a world where people are far less and less likely to change their minds on things, I absolutely applaud him. He made a decision not to kneel, which was his own and he's entitled to make. He then took on feedback, OK he was probably pressured but he's since owned the decision to go the other way.