• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Questions with answers that are probably obvious to some but not to those in another part of the world

Teuton

International Captain
1. Was there anything specific that occurred to halt India vs Pakistan tests?

Who is preventing scheduling of such games? One government or both? One board or both?

The series could absolutely be up there with Ashes in terms of carrying Test cricket (and would obviously carry $$$ for all involved).

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t mind them playing tests in the UAE.
Just as a stepping stone...and then reintroduce them to play a test series which is played in both countries; alternating between tests.

TheJediBrah

Exactly who I'd want to explain the intricacies of India/Pakistan international politics to me, a bloke called "Aussie Tragic"

edit: and now he's deleted his post fml

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Did it have anything to do with the SL team bus getting peppered by bullets?
Pakistan India did not happen in late 80s and early 90s too, due to Kashmir Issue. Then there were bilateral series, and 2008 Mumbai bombing meant there was no bilateral series happening between the countries. The accusation of India was Pakistan was funding terrorist organizations like lash-e-Taleb (hope I have got it correct). Pakistan has a dodgy history with terrorists, but having trained and funded LTTE and other Tamil separatists in SL, the accusation is little too rich from India as well. Then came Lahore attacks, and that was curtains.

anil1405

International Captain
1. Was there anything specific that occurred to halt India vs Pakistan tests?

Who is preventing scheduling of such games? One government or both? One board or both?

The series could absolutely be up there with Ashes in terms of carrying Test cricket (and would obviously carry $$$ for all involved).
Political tensions between both countries and at the heart of these tensions is the Kashmir land issue. Ever since the Britishers left after WW2 and the country was split into two, Kashmir has been a matter of debate and wars too. With both nations claiming that Kashmir fits into their scheme of things.

Whatever good relations that began in 2004, when the teams started playing again, were hampered by Mumbai bomb blasts in 2008. Pakistan players played in IPL in first edition in 2008 but haven't there after primarily because of this incident.

So the Indian govt is refusing to play any bilateral cricket with Pakistan.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Exactly who I'd want to explain the intricacies of India/Pakistan international politics to me, a bloke called "Aussie Tragic"

edit: and now he's deleted his post fml
All I said was the wars between the 2 countries in 1965 and 71 stopped the cricket and you implied that I'm not allowed to post because I'm Aussie, so I deleted my post. Didn't realise I was in the politics thread

SillyCowCorner1

Well, Kashmir has produced a fine young cricketer by the name of Abdul Samad. He might get poached by either country?

Burgey

These people who are fighting over Kashmir -are they fighting because they want it, or because they both want to offload it to the other mob?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember teasing the last kid in my team to not upgrade from a kashmir bat to English willow

It was like the training wheels of the batting world

Kirkut

International Regular
Political tensions between both countries and at the heart of these tensions is the Kashmir land issue. Ever since the Britishers left after WW2 and the country was split into two, Kashmir has been a matter of debate and wars too. With both nations claiming that Kashmir fits into their scheme of things.

Whatever good relations that began in 2004, when the teams started playing again, were hampered by Mumbai bomb blasts in 2008. Pakistan players played in IPL in first edition in 2008 but haven't there after primarily because of this incident.

So the Indian govt is refusing to play any bilateral cricket with Pakistan.
You know the real reason. But let's not rock the boat ;)

Kirkut

International Regular
Lol no

isn't it because of the Kashmir dispute?
To be fair most Indian and Pakistani fans don't crave for an Ashes like series. The peak of the rivalry is already in the past now, especially the Sharjah games in 80s and 90s when it was very hard to beat Pakistan, it carried on in 2000s when India toured Pakistan. But that rivalry has passed, cricket is not that popular a sport in India today.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair most Indian and Pakistani fans don't crave for an Ashes like series. The peak of the rivalry is already in the past now, especially the Sharjah games in 80s and 90s when it was very hard to beat Pakistan, it carried on in 2000s when India toured Pakistan. But that rivalry has passed, cricket is not that popular a sport in India today.

*spits out morning orange juice*

Come again?

Kirkut

International Regular
*spits out morning orange juice*

Come again?
Online entertainment has changed a lot of things. Cricket was huge when only television and radio were sources of entertainment. People in India do follow but nothing like how it used to be. That's how I see it....

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
During every world cup cricket makes the news as the India-Pakistan game breaks some most live viewers record and Americans momentarily realise there's a whole world out there.
I doubt the cricket world cup would even make a blip on the American media landscape, would it?