• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It doesn't produce anything in my Google results funnily enough.

That last post is *yeesh* and fully deserving of a perma. Honestly surprised it took that long.

Aritro

International Regular
Re: his use of "Bongala". "Bong" is shorthand slang for "Bongo/Bengali". Usually used non-pejoratively. "Bongala" is his own weird, presumably belittling creation. In fact, most of those posts were just him pulling together weirdly loose, barely related associations to create an opportunity to drop in "Bongala" as a putdown. It was surreal af

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So does JohnJack1997 get 3 months on top of the 6 months?

Surely the MO would suggest a perma ban.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly I (and I suspect pretty much everyone else) knew it was a John1990 sockpuppet about 5 minutes after he showed up

Question without notice, is it a case from a moderation point of view of having to have clear evidence of an account being a multi before bringing out the banhammer?