• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question for New Zealanders

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Which of these scenarios would you like the most?

EDIT

Oops - sorry was going to make a poll but had to do something else and accidentally posted the above with no question.

I wanted to know which of the following you would most like to see NZ achieve

a. make the ODI WC final
b. win the World T20
c. beat Australia in Australia (test series)
d. beat South Africa in South Africa (test series)
e. beat India in India (test series)

Obviously all of the above along with winning the World Cup and going to number 1 in all 3 forms would be nice, but if you had to choose one

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Is this meant to be a metaphorical question about how we have no options and we're all just slaves to the man, maan?

BeeGee

International Captain
The one with free money, hot chix and a steak and cheese pie.

Mmmmmmm.... steak and cheese pie.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd be struggling to take a world cup win over a test series win in Australia, and I've seen my team do the latter. Seems a well pitched question by the response tbf

jcas0167

International Debutant
Which of these scenarios would you like the most?

EDIT

Oops - sorry was going to make a poll but had to do something else and accidentally posted the above with no question.

I wanted to know which of the following you would most like to see NZ achieve

a. make the ODI WC final
b. win the World T20
c. beat Australia in Australia (test series)
d. beat South Africa in South Africa (test series)
e. beat India in India (test series)

Obviously all of the above along with winning the World Cup and going to number 1 in all 3 forms would be nice, but if you had to choose one
A) Especially where NZ is co-host and the final is to be played at the MCG. It would be massive for cricket in this country. It would also help ease the pain of 92, that clearly still hurts for the members of that side that came so close. The way that campaign capture the public imagination is something unique.

So in order of preference:

A. Glory on a world stage.

C & D. (I think beating Australia in a series there would be more satisfying, just to hear their commentators, but winning a test series in South Africa would be unprecedented, like the All Blacks in 96 - can't separate them).

E.

B. Glory on a world stage, but in a bubble gum format.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly, A. That wouldn't be the case with most World Cups, but we're co-hosting this one. That's a once in a generation thing and it's pretty special. So while I'd normally prioritise tests over ODIs, I'm making an exception here.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I dunno, it'd be special but maybe for a year or so. Beating Australia in Australia would live on in the public consciousness for decades, not just in cricket tragics' minds.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Would it be better/bigger for the sport for NZ to beat Australia in Australia, or at home?
In Aus. I know that's little brother mentality, but it's also reality.

I think NZ would be favorites at home now anyway so it wouldn't be a huge deal.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I guess the time difference would actually be good for watching after work anyway, wouldn't it, and actually increase viewers? Like our eastern seaboard for the Perth Test?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I guess the time difference would actually be good for watching after work anyway, wouldn't it, and actually increase viewers? Like our eastern seaboard for the Perth Test?
I don't think I'm looking forward to any other sporting contest in the new year or so as much as our tour of Australia.

BeeGee

International Captain
Just so we're clear, all the people picking A are aware that this option is just to make the WC final? Not win the WC, just make the final. Because that's not much glory at all.

Last edited: