• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie campaigns to have the 2005 Ashes shown on Free TV

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Channel 9 has better commentators too. As much as I dislike listening to Lawry and Taylor, the likes of Richie, Holding and Nicholas make up for them, and anybody is better than the hacks they get on Fox Sports. Dean Jones? Jeff Thompson? Just shoot me instead, thanks.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
Who cares?! As far as I'm concerned give all the matches home and away to Foxtel. We can get Fox Sports active and can watch highlights whenever we want, get the scorecard whenever we want & you can turn off the commentators if you want. And on Foxtel you don't miss anything because of other commitments, they stay with the cricket no matter what!
I care. I feel like Im watching another country.

Well actually, I dont care all that much. At this stage, Im hoping to be in England during that time, so i dont give much of a stuff.

Still... in should be on some form of the Tv. Im rambling.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
I care. I feel like Im watching another country.

Well actually, I dont care all that much. At this stage, Im hoping to be in England during that time, so i dont give much of a stuff.

Still... in should be on some form of the Tv. Im rambling.
As far as I'm aware the rights for England's coverage is on Pay TV. So unless you are planning to go to every game you might not see much. However I could have it wrong and that deal may only be related to England's overseas tours.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
I don't have fox, can't afford it. I still owe my last months subscription after i lost my job hehe.

Howard claims he's a cricket tragic, lets see him put his bloody money where his mouth is. Give the ABC the money. I can't imagine not being able to watch the ASHES :(

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
As far as I'm aware the rights for England's coverage is on Pay TV. So unless you are planning to go to every game you might not see much. However I could have it wrong and that deal may only be related to England's overseas tours.
Either way, Ill make sure I see it!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Either way, unless people in England can't see one of the biggest sporting events going in their own back yard, I don't have loads of sympathy for you guys.. Its a disgrace either way, but we have never had free to air ashes from Australia... I guess we will be getting the 2005 ashes, but from then on it all stops :(

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
very happy to have fox these days, i dont see why the free to air stations dont show it, most of what they show at that time is rubbish.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
very happy to have fox these days, i dont see why the free to air stations dont show it, most of what they show at that time is rubbish.
The difference is the Ashes is on during Prime Time. I think the days start about 7pmish our time, which is usually when the free to air stations have their big rating shows on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Its a disgrace either way, but we have never had free to air ashes from Australia.
Up until about 10-15 years ago we had no away coverage full stop.

Then Sky started to cover it as they're the only company who can make it viable financially.

I don't blame our few free channels for not broadcasting it, much as I'd love to be able to watch it.