• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarterfinal: Switzerland v Spain (in Petrograd, Russia)

Teja.

Global Moderator
The scriptwriter failed by setting up the hero's journey perfectly and then harshly subverting it in the end.

Very entertaining game to watch though - the passage of attrition play from Switzerland after the red card was box office David v Goliath. Spain should have been 3-1 if not for comedy finishing in ET. The opposite of clinical. Some of the penalties from both sides were pure comedy as well.

Now I've to pick a new underdog team to casually root for.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The scriptwriter failed by setting up the hero's journey perfectly and then harshly subverting it in the end.

Very entertaining game to watch though - the passage of attrition play from Switzerland after the red card was box office David v Goliath. Spain should have been 3-1 if not for comedy finishing in ET. The opposite of clinical. Some of the penalties from both sides were pure comedy as well.

England imo :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

There’s a really useful guide here to choosing who to support. At the moment it’s recommending Ukraine but that could change.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The hope of an underdog win lies either with Ukraine or Czechia, it appears.
Denmark are the fairytale winners. Were a big underdog pre-tournament and their best player had a heart attack during the opening game.

If they’re no longer outsiders it’s only because they’ve played such good football so far.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha, I mentioned the Czechs because they were ranked really low in the FIFA rankings (which I know is notoriously unreliable) compared to the other remaining teams apart from Ukraine. I didn't really know much about the background of their ****ishness until I did some further googling and found out about Ondrej, their stance on BLM etc.

Ukraine to the moon then!