• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quality control draft 2.0

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I did the first version of this draft in 2017 and felt like reviving the format with some minor adjustments.

So this time around your team is basically separated into 2 sections- top 7 and 8-11 or batsman/batting all rounders and bowlers/bowling allrounders

The top 7 batsman(including your wicketkeeper and 5th bowler if you choose to have one) will need to be from 7 different test batting average categories:

If a player's most frequent test batting position was somewhere in the top 7(by innings), he counts as a batsman for this draft and must bat in the top 7

Under 32
32-36
36-40
40-44
44-48
48-52
52+

Your 8-11 will need to be from 4 different test bowling average categories.

If a player's most frequent test batting position was somewhere 8-11(by innings), he counts as a bowler for this draft and must bat 8-11

31+
27-31
23-27
Under 23

Your keeper must bat in the top 7, just to keep things simple. No Bradman. Min 1 test. It'l be a standard random/reverse order draft unless somebody can figure out a way to make a fun style of varied/flexible order as I know they're in vogue. I can't think of a good way though

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
if someone's average falls exactly on a whole number(eg batting average of 44) things get rounded up and they would count in the 44-48 category(if that wasn't clear)