• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qld Manager to stand down

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Dear All

It is with great sadness that I relinquish the Queensland manager's spot. I have been away for a week and obviously things have changed greatly. It is my personal opinion that these changes are not for the better. We are now going back to a format that will be more onerous on the few that do the work in WCC. The size of WCC was one of the main reasons that it fell over in the first place. Now we are going from 36 to 48 teams (in terms of simming games).

We are also now ditching the squads with real players in favour of squads dominated by randomly generated players with completely unrealistic averages. It was an aspect that I didn't really like by the end.

The current season was only given 6 weeks to prove itself. Some of the measures being introduced to encourage more participation could easily have been introduced into the current season.

I feel that I have wasted a lot of time getting WCC back in action only for things to be set aside in a short space of time. In time I may get the motivation back and take up a 2nd XI side but with work commitments it will be difficult. To be honest I do not think that this will last largely because of the work required by the few who do it. I would like to be wrong on this.

Please do not take this as a swing at anyone. I have really enjoyed the WCC and Brendon has the right to do anything that he wants with it. It's his baby. The changes also seem to have the backing of most of the managers so I can't complain against that.

Good luck to all. I wish the new manager of Qld well. I imagine there will be a bit of a fight to get the team. I will pop my head in periodically to see how things are going.

All the best

Jason (The Argonaut)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
fair enough argo. you were a godsend while you were here and you will leave a massive legacy in the WCC make up!!

Thanks for all your work buddy.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow. Sad to see you go Jason. You did do a lot of work for WCC, and I'm sure you'll be missed.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricketboy29 will be offered the Queensland managers spot if hes happy to take it...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad to see you go Jason. You were always willing to help out the lower teams with trades, something I was always greatful for.

Bit disapointed the position hasn't been opened to current managers.