• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QF 1 - England vs Portugal

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tears.

That was the best game of football I've ever seen, but the most heartbreaking result of any as well.

Tears...

Cloete

International Captain
Sol Campbell..... what the hell do refs have against him?????

Poor old england, reminds me a bit of Argentina '98

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'm a bit worried - the ref might be partly responsible for a big riot- the England supporters will be in a bad mood and a little bit of goading from the Portugese and bam!

Swervy

International Captain
what an utter joke...fair enough Portugal played better, but that disallowed goal was diabolical. That ref was so unbeleivably hard on England all the way through,but that just took the bisciut...GUTTED :@

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure the ref was crap..but England contributed to the loss.

Lampard was hopeless in the mid-field..how many times did he give the ball away easily?

Swervy

International Captain
Beckham was very poor...he has had a shocker all the way through

Campbell is a footballing god though

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Basically Ricardo (the Portuguese "goalkeeper") ran into John Terry and flapped his hands about, and Urs Meier gave a free kick because he doesn't know what he's doing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Woo Hoo, I wanted Portugal to win. I stopped following after half time when they were trailing 0-1 and checked the score just now, They won, They won. :)

I feel really sorry for England fans.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seems a bit like WC 2002 when the home team was given a passage to the Semis by the officials to keep interest in the tournament in the home country.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Luckily for England the cricketers have some mental toughness at the moment.