• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prolong Warne's career - MacGill

Wasimullah

Cricket Spectator
burkey_1988 said:
Obviously Warne and Murali are the only word-class spinners of recent times. Then it's daylight to the lesser likes of Such, MacGill, Tufnell.

So I guess we can equate a bloke like Kumble with the likes of Such and Tufnell then .....?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
You can say that about every Australian player, can't you? Warne's success has mostly come with McGrath, McGrath's has come with Warne's, Gillespie with both of them, Lee with all three, etc.

Really, MacGill's done nothing wrong at any point in his career, and he's surely the best player in the world who isn't a test regular.
VVS Laxman might have something to say about that. But yeah, MacGill often does seem to get a raw deal. I am so sure he could have made a difference in the Ashes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
burkey_1988 said:
Obviously Warne and Murali are the only word-class spinners of recent times. Then it's daylight to the lesser likes of Such, MacGill, Tufnell.
why do Kumble and Kaneria and Saqlain and Mushy and Harbhajan get left out like this?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
My word.

I can't wait until scientists work out how to put eyes in the tops of our heads. Then our society will truly be a Utopia.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
I actually think a lot of his success has come from being the weakest link in the attack since batsmen have to try and score runs from one of the bowlers...
There have been plenty of times that MacGill has got wickets when other bowlers haven't looked like getting any. Two that come straight to mind is his 7-fer against the Windies at the SCG and his recent 8-fer against Bangladesh.