• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prolong Warne's career - MacGill

Francis

State Vice-Captain
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/bdeshvaus/content/current/story/244516.html

He makes an interesting point. Don't know if I entirely agree with it, but ever since Glenn McGrath hurt his ankle last year, Warne carried the teams workload. It worked well for a long time, but the guys shoulder is held together by a piece of string and his last six tests against South Africa were among his most unsuccessful against them. He's rubbing his shoulder a lot more too.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think Macgill is right. Few games here and there, could have given Warne a rest and used Macgill, it would have been beneficial to both. I would like to see Warne bowling as long as possible. I don't foresee a bowler like Warne in my lifetime again, so look after him.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately for Macgill he was unlucky to be playing Cricket at the same time as Australia's greatest spinner . If he was playing in a different era he would have been automatic selection for Australia.

I think despite his good performances , Aussie selectors would be looking to the future and may promote other spinners over him ie Dan Cullen, Cameron White etc.

A bit similar to the George Gregan V Chris Whittaker scenario in the half back position for the Wallabies.

Ming

State 12th Man
Cameron White? The guy is useless.

I can't believe he's the captain with that sort of batting and bowling record.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
MacGill is the 3rd best bowler in the country, he should always play regardless of the conditions IMO.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
No he doesn't. Granted another time or a different country he would have played more tests, but Warne is far the superior bowler. Plus he has crap attitude and inconsistent

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GoT_SpIn said:
No he doesn't. Granted another time or a different country he would have played more tests, but Warne is far the superior bowler. Plus he has crap attitude and inconsistent
Crap attitude?

Get your hand off it for once.

howardj

International Coach
:laugh:

Another 'pick me' plea from MacGilla, in the guise of concern for Warne.

No wonder he's not a widely liked member of the team - never seen a sportsman, in a team game, push their own 'barrow so much.

benchmark00

howardj said:
:laugh:

Another 'pick me' plea from MacGilla, in the guise of concern for Warne.

No wonder he's not a widely liked member of the team - never seen a sportsman, in a team game, push their own 'barrow so much.
Errrr no idea where you get the "not a widely liked member of the team" call from, fabricating things again? good stuff...

How does he 'push his own 'barrow'?

Drop the vandetta against him ladies.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
Errrr no idea where you get the "not a widely liked member of the team" call from, fabricating things again? good stuff...

How does he 'push his own 'barrow'?

Drop the vandetta against him ladies.
Martha Reeves and the Vandettas?

howardj

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
How about you answer my questions.
Firstly, Trevor Hohns has made comments, in the past, about MacGill needing to make a better effort to fit into the team, and control his attitude around the team - and it not being the job of the other players having to fit in with him. Secondly, before quite a few Test matches, he is out in the media blatantly pushing his own case as to why he should play etc. Your lack of acknowledgement of the second point suggests either you don't follow cricket too closely, or you have an unhealthy attachment to the bloke.

benchmark00

howardj said:
Firstly, Trevor Hohns has made comments, in the past, about MacGill needing to make a better effort to fit into the team, and control his attitude around the team - and it not being the job of the other players having to fit in with him. Secondly, before quite a few Test matches, he is out in the media blatantly pushing his own case as to why he should play etc. Your lack of acknowledgement of the second point suggests either you don't follow cricket too closely, or you have an unhealthy attachment to the bloke.
Please find me quotes of the Hohns thing, as you can't expect me to take your word for it, someone who obviously has an unreasonable beef with him.

Errrr, what? all he says is "I'm happy to be playing" nothing more nothing less. He turned down a chance to go on a tour (to Zimbabwe)... really "pushed his own 'barrow" didnt he...

howardj

International Coach
Firstly, here's what I found within about two minutes. Plenty more out there, if you look hard enough.

Secondly, if you can't admit that he blatantly pushes his own barrow, then you don't know much or you have an unhealthy attachment which effects your judgement.

benchmark00

howardj said:
Firstly, here's what I found within about two minutes. Plenty more out there, if you look hard enough.

Secondly, if you can't admit that he blatantly pushes his own barrow, then you don't know much or you have an unhealthy attachment which effects your judgement.
What an intelligent, well backed up comment. You don't follow NRL by any chance do you? ;)

That article is a load of utter tripe. Player relationships are nothing anyone, other than the players themselves, can comment on.

howardj

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
What an intelligent, well backed up comment. You don't follow NRL by any chance do you? ;)

That article is a load of utter tripe. Player relationships are nothing anyone, other than the players themselves, can comment on.
So, you don't think he pushes his own cause - is that it?

Secondly, of course the article is tripe - it doesn't suit you. You wanted me to find something, then when I do (within five minutes) you say 'the players can only comment on that' etc. You're confused.