• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions Thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Score: 1-0 Australia with lots of washouts...
Most runs: Marnus Labuschagne
Most wickets: Cummins, tied with Clouderson
Dropped players: Travis Head, Marcus Harris, both Bairstow, and Buttler, Broad, Burns, Lyon
Random prediction: Steve Smith to get Joe Root out
Do injuries and sickness count as dropping

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Winner: Australia Yes
Scoreline: 3-0 No
Most runs: Smith or Labuschagne No; 23 runs off for Marnus, and Smith's form worries me
Most wickets: Cummins Yes. Pretty Easy
Compton-Miller Medal: Who cares? Correct
Surprise packet (g00d): None. The series will be completely unsurprising. No. Scott Boland was surprising.
Surprise packet (bad): See above. Although I am concerned about Lyon's form. Yes.
Players to get a call up/ dayboo: Richardson (I hope) Yes
Players to get dropped/
R E S T E D
E
S
T
E
D: Anderson (to keep him intact), Burns, Harris (hopefully) Yes
Random prediction: No-one's paying any attention anyway. Certainly not the English management or coaching staff.

Total: 7/10.
Again, proviso that I did mark my own work.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I've never been so underwhelmed for an Ashes Series quite as much as I have for this one in my life. Maybe it's domestic factors (as I write both wife and son have Covid, at least they're recovering now) or maybe it's the average quality of both sides, maybe recent scandals have shaken my love of the game or maybe The Ashes just seems to come round so quickly.

But anyway, here goes

Winner Oz
Scoreline 2-1 (locals may say otherwise but Brisbane weather forecast looking too wet for any result possible, Eng fancy their chances in a day nighter, Oz to win 2 of the other three tests, the 5th test hard to call currently!)
Most runs Labu
Most wickets Hazelwood
Compton-Miller Medal Haze
Surprise packet (g00d) Hameed
Surprise packet (bad) Buttler
Players to get a call up/ dayboo Livingstone (as T20 success is an instant leap frog into an Eng test side)
Players to get dropped/
R E S T E D Wood
E
S
T
E
D
Random prediction Eng 6,7 and 8 will out score Eng 1,2 and 3
5/10 I'd say overall! Haze getting injured spoiled it, Hameed was a poor call, Buttler has played his last test I reckon, got the wrong player but right reason for random call up and not done the sums but confident of the random prediction...

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Winner Australia - correct
Scoreline 4-0 Oz - spot on
Most runs Warner for Oz, Root for Eng - 1/2 right
Most wickets - Hazelwood for Oz, Robinson for Eng - nope
Compton-Miller Medal - Hazelwood - swing and a miss
Surprise packet (g00d) - Warner for Aus, Robinson for Eng - don't think I can claim either of these. Maybe if the series had ended halfway through
Surprise packet (bad) - Green for Aus, Broad for Eng - yeah not so much
Players to get a call up/ dayboo - Richardson to get a shot before the series is out; young batting hopeful Johnny Bairstow to find his way back in the side somehow - correct on both
Players to get dropped/
R E S T E D
E
S
T
E
D
- Starc, Broad, Wood - 2/3
Random prediction - Root to revert to his previous iteration and score several 50s without tonning up. - Alas, yes.
Well, I got the scoreline right.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Winner aus got it
Scoreline 3-0 very close
Most runs smith nope
Most wickets cummins got it
Compton-Miller Medal cummins should have got it, so claiming it
Surprise packet (g00d) haseeb hameed got it (i am an australian fan)
Surprise packet (bad) root got it
Players to get a call up/ dayboo jhye got it, though this was easy
Players to get dropped/ buttler got it
R E S T E D
E
S
T
E
D
Random prediction
the draws are both rain draws got it in a way, the draw was a rain draw, CPFE so i am claiming it
all of them bar two