• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions league?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is going to be good fun, especially if we get a few more people interested.

Marc, when can we enter in our selections? When is the latest possible time you will accept entries for any given match?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I hope it'll go as it did in the past - will open a new thread for each game, and set the closing time for each game when I open the thread - usually an hour or 2 before the game starts.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Awesome stuff Marc!

Just noticed this, and it was good when we had it before and i hope it's the same this time as well.

biased indian

International Coach
have a doubt that since it separate thread lot of people are missing out on this..may be we can give link in the world cup thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
One question & one request:

Can we also nominate a second choice bowler and batsman in case our first choice doesn't play? I seem to vaguely recall we used to do this before.

&

Could the game be included in the thread title so those slower readers amongst us can keep track of which games we've tipped.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
One question & one request:

Can we also nominate a second choice bowler and batsman in case our first choice doesn't play? I seem to vaguely recall we used to do this before.

&

Could the game be included in the thread title so those slower readers amongst us can keep track of which games we've tipped.
Yes and no - request I will do (but cannot edit the first 4 unfortunately - need a friendly mod to do that.

As for reserve choices, it never happened on my watch and would be both tricky for me to include and also IMO a copout.

pup11

International Coach
I'm in...

Would like to say something though, I think it would be a nice if people can explain their predictions.

For example what the team winning the toss is likely to do, why you back a certain bowler or batsman over others in for a particular game, I think it would allow some decent discussion.

Spark

Global Moderator
I fully expect to be laughably hilariously **** at this, as I am with all prediction contests.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm in...

Would like to say something though, I think it would be a nice if people can explain their predictions.

For example what the team winning the toss is likely to do, why you back a certain bowler or batsman over others in for a particular game, I think it would allow some decent discussion.
Although in theory this is a good idea, there is a full forum to discuss the games, and it would make it a real nightmare for me to keep track of everything if the threads had discussions in!

Himannv

International Coach
Might as well keep the discussions to this thread.

As for why I did what I did, I did what I did because I wanted to do what I wanted to do. :dry:

Howe_zat

Audio File
M'afraid I will be withdrawing from the game Marc. Playing too many, and I've made a rubbish start anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Code:
Noble One	95
Pup Clarke	89
marc71178	83
Spark		83
NUFAN		79
shankar		79
BoyBrumby	78
Somerset	78
Marcuss		77