• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions for W.I v N.Z ODI Series

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think NZ will win considering that the West Indies just lost to a pretty shocking Indian side.

James

Cricket Web Owner
2-1 to New Zealand. With all the rain around at the moment I can't see 5 one-dayers being played ;)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Tim

posted on 3/6/2002 at 07:02 AM
I think NZ will win considering that the West Indies just lost to a pretty shocking Indian side.

hey
what are you trying to get at ? the New Zealand team isint the "worlds Greatest" at the moment

The indian O.D.I team is strong

The test side needs some mental checkups

Anyway i see a 3-2 Loss for NZ in Test
but a win in the Odi Series

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The test series is only a 2 test series, and I think it will be drawn.

I think India have serious problems in their bowling department with the retirement of Srinath in tests anyway. And if Tendulkar doesn't fire, then the other players seem to lose confidence.

I know NZ aren't the World Champions, but they seem to have more mental toughness than India does in pressure situations.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies will win the ODI series easily. New Zealand are an extremely weak side without Parore, Cairns, Nash. WI have a talented batting side and a decent bowling attack. Don't discount Hooper and Lara.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yup

The west Indian batsmen are in good form right now

Hooper and Chanderpaul did really well in the tests . Odis is where Nz'ers can take some glory

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bah, I seriously doubt the West Indies will win the ODI series. I think the test series will be the closest of the two & usually a 2 match series is drawn because no team can be bothered.

The West Indies attack is tired & not that great, Vettori & Bond have been showing good form along with Tuffey.
+ NZ is far more disciplined in the field and will save 20-30 more runs with Vincent, Harris & co.

Fleming has made some statements which lead to suggest that NZ is very focussed about winning & I think it will show in the results.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If NZ target Hooper, im afraid that with Lara in bad form, the chances of the West Indies winning are not great.

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Chris Gayle's in quite good form. He hit a great 84 in that 25 overs each ODI in the West Indies.

shaka

International Regular
hey
i reckon 2-2 with influence on weather which does not look good at the moment. The West indies have some older players back. And i suspect that Brian Lara will get back into form.