• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict National Side 2011

Flem274*

123/5
Err

Lou Vincent
Aaron Redmond
Ross Taylor
Peter Fulton
Jesse Ryder/Scott Styris
David Houpapa
Brendan McCullum
Daniel Vettori
Kyle Mills
Mark Gillespie
Hamish Bennet

A bit of a guess really. Depends on who kicks on from their first few domestic seasons and who stays in good nick.
Well, all bar one has played tests

I quite like that team, though I do hope Oram is still around then, which unfortunately bumps Anderson, but Oram is a top player so I hope we have him available as long as possible.

Mills will probably have that last spot, and bat ahead of Southee too probably.

I'll have a go.

Tests

Jamie How
Martin Guptill
Peter Fulton
Jesse Ryder
Ross Taylor
Brendan McCullum
Jacob Oram
James Franklin
Dan the Man
Kyle Mills
Tim Southee/Trent Boult/Iain O'Brien/al the other nearlies.

I predict Flynn, Hay, Myburgh, Anderson, Broom amongst others to be on the fringes.

ODIs

Ryder
McCullum
How
Taylor
Styris/Fulton
Oram
Elliott
Franklin
Mills
Vettori
Southee

I love Elliott, he's gonna be the next best thing to Chris Harris imo. Doesn't look much but he's proven to be a real pain in the arse so far and shut me up when I blasted the selectors for picking him for ODIs. The same fringe players to be floating around, being fringe players.
Wasn't terrible. The ODI side was almost bang on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NUFAN on 28/11/2007 said:
1 Phil Jaques
2 Shane Watson
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Michael Clarke
5 George Bailey
6 Adam Voges
7 Brad Haddin
8 Mitchell Johnson
9 Daniel Cullen
10 Shaun Tait
11 Ben Hilfenhaus
6 from 11 is a pass mark I think.

Watson opening was the best call. The middle order bats really haven't kicked on and the SACA bowlers really feel away probably quite soon after my post.