• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-World Cup Friendlies

99*

International Debutant
Slovenia 3 - 1 New Zealand.
Could have been 1-1. Their second was a free kick from a dive and Paston gave them their third.

We just have to stop giving possession away.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Disappointing result for us, though I don't think we played badly. We certainly had a number of good chances to score - thought Slovenia's defence looked pretty shaky. Defensively I thought we were reasonably, I suppose it's a positive that none of Slovenia's goals came via them running through us - two soft free kicks and a mistake by Paston, who I thought had a very dodgy game in goal.

Wish we'd start passing it to feet though. So annoying watching us miss chances to break because passes are too slow and at thigh-height.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We're gonna have to pull something out of our backsides with Moore in central defence. Too slow, and is going to get himself sent off doing something stupid (i.e. that with tussle Dempsey, just plain dumb)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We're gonna have to pull something out of our backsides with Moore in central defence. Too slow, and is going to get himself sent off doing something stupid (i.e. that with tussle Dempsey, just plain dumb)
Came on here to pretty much post precisely this.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Beauchamp in the wings. :(

Was a shocker from Australia, painful to watch at times. Credit to the US though, classy finishing.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Chipperfield was good at least. The US looked really good going forward though, and we were hopeless, could have easily scored 4 or 5.

Johnners

Was a shocker from Australia, painful to watch at times. Credit to the US though, classy finishing.
Was quite scary really seeing how many times they got in behind the 'roos defence, were incredibly lucky not to have 5/6 put past them. Pleased that Ruka got a run though, even if he didn't get much of a chance to do anything.

irfan

State Captain

Indeed. We're gonna get mauled by Germany if we play like that.

How long has Batistuta been living in Perth (4 years?) - if so get the guy his aussie passport and fly him over there. I don't care if he is 40 he'd still be a gun up front and won't waste chances like Kennedy :cool:

irfan

State Captain
Robben probably out of the WC, pulled his hamstring, more news tomorrow.
Looks like the injury curse has struck Chelsea and now ex-Chelsea players.

First Ballack, then Essien, then Obi Mikel, now Drogba looks suspect. Here's hoping Ivanovic stacks it and pulls something...

Jarquis

Palacious looks to be out as well :laugh:
Ridiculous number of Premiership players out.

Steulen

International Regular
Palacious looks to be out as well :laugh:
Ridiculous number of Premiership players out.
Not a coincidence, Premiership probably the most exhausting league to play in. Will cost England at some stage.

Robben's injury rumoured to be less serious than feared.