• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pre Season is here!!!!!!

Pre Season will see a tournament contested by CW Scorpions, CW Crusaders and "Jamie Lyon's Invitational XIII". The fixtures are as such:

Monday 10th October:
CW Crusaders vs. CW Scorpions

Wednesday 12th October:
CW Crusaders vs. Jamie Lyon's Invitational XIII

Friday 14th October:
CW Scorpions vs. Jamie Lyon's Invitational XIII

Sunday 16th October:
CW Scorpions vs. Jamie Lyon's Invitational XIII

Tuesday 18th October:
CW Crusaders vs. Jamie Lyon's Invitational XIII

Thursday 20th October:
CW Scorpions vs. CW Crusaders

Saturday 22nd October:
Final

Jamie Lyon's invitational XIII squad will be:

Shaun Briscoe (Hull FC)
Darren Albert (St Helens RLFC)
Jamie Lyon (St Helens RLFC)
Brett Tate (Brisbane Broncos)
Nathan Blacklock (Hull FC)
Trent Barrett (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Chris Thorman (Huddersfield Giants)
Danny Ward (Leeds Rhinos)
Micky Higham (St Helens RLFC)
FuiFui MoiMoi (Parramatta Eels)
Ben Kennedy (Manly Sea Eagles)
Vinnie Anderson (St Helens RLFC)
Braith Anasta (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Tommy Martyn (Retired. Ex St Helens 5/8)
Mark Gleeson (Warrington Wolves)
Frank Puletua (Penrith Panthers)
Phil Clarke (Retired. Ex Wigan & GB captain)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain

Pre season - Game 1

CW Crusaders vs CW Scorpions

CW Crusaders

1 Nick Borcich

2 Xavier Rose

3 Tharmi Longanathan

4 Jamee Gray

5 Andrew Cameron

6 Sean Fuller

7 Jack McNamara

8 Sean Bennett

9 Sriram Gurunathan

10 Rich Langley

11 Dale Brumby (C)

12 Thamba Mamesh

13 Nath Patrick

++Interchange

14 HÂkon M¯rk

15 Alex Crampton

16 Neil Pickup

17 Rich Hingston​

CW Scorpions

1 Brendon Goff

2 Robertinho Dela Cruz

3 Simon Fitzsimmons

4 Nathan Hoy (C)

5 Reuben Thomas

6 Kyle Wright

7 Matt Currie

8 Dave Richards

9 Ian Markus

10 David Kennett

11 Andrew Garven

12 Stephen Burke

13 Darren Murphy

++Interchange

14 Chris Butler

15 Tarick Weber

16 Robert Cribb

17 Kenny Dobson

This is it. The start of a new era as two sides hailing from CW land prepare to make their mark on he great game of Rugby League. This is the first game of a tri-series competition comprised of the CW Crusaders, CW Scorpions and a Jamie Lyon Invitational XIII. A large crowd has built up as we prepare for the kick-off to be taken by the Crusaders.

Gray kicks off and the crowd goes wild as its taken by Wright who gives off to big Andrew Garven who takes the first play out to the 28m line. The Crusaders front up with some huge defence, and after 4 tackles, only 7 metres are made. Markus rifles a pass back from dummy-half to Currie at first reciever who knocks on as he takes a little look at the rushing defence. This doesn't matter a bit to Fuller and Bennett who give Currie a massive hit to welcome him into the game. After tackle 1 of the Crusaders set, hooker Gurunathan scoots out of dummy-half and finds a hole in behind the Scorpions defence, only to be brought down by fullback Goff, 5m out from their own line. Great defence by the Scorpions forces a knock on and a penalty allows them to get out of their own half. Another penalty for offside in the Crusaders half in the 6th minute, and Currie puts the ball through the posts for the first points of the match. 0-2 to the Scorpions.

Gray replies in kind 6 mins later and the scores are back to level. The match is evenly contested until the 38th minute when the Scorpions had a try disallowed after good lead-up work by Wright, whos 2nd man pass found a hard running Fitzsimmons who broke through 2 tackles before flicking a pass out as he went down in the takle to Dela Cruz on the wing, who was ajudged to have touched the corner post before grounding the ball. The next set of 6 from the Crusaders was electric and was sparked by a great run by Hakon Moerk. Thomas gave a penalty away after holding Moerk down 5m out from the line after coming across in cover defence. Centre Gray had no problems with putting the Crusaders up 4-2 at half time.

The Scorpions started strongly in the 2nd half despite losing Wright who appeared to suffer a headknock when making a tackle on burly lock Nath Patrick. Scorpions crossed 3 minutes into half time when Stephen Burked crashed over from 5m out after recieving a nicely held up pass from Markus. Dobson failed with the conversion and the score was 4-6 to the Scorpions. The Crusaders bounced back 10 mins later when Xavier Rose crossed out wide after great leadup work by Langley. From then on, the Scorpions self destructed, giving away copious penalties, allowing Gray who was on fire with the boot, to slot 3 more penalty goals on top of his 2 from the first half as he finished with 6 from 6. Both teams often threatened the line, but poor handling and inexperience were the downful as the spectators sat out a rather dull affair in the 2nd half. CW Crusaders running out victors, 16-6.

Crusaders 16 def Scorpions 6

Crusaders

Tries: Rose. Goals Gray 6(6)

Scorpions

Tries: Burke. Goals Currie 1(1)

Player of the Match Awards

3 points : Rich Langley (Crusaders)

2 points : Tharmi Longanathan (Crusaders)

1 point : Xavier Rose (Crusaders)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
a hard fought game guys showing that the side has a hell of a lot to work on. Defence was great, yet don't get a big head we were assissted by their errors. But to only put 6 points on em is a bit've a worry.

Bit dissapointed about me own performance. Dead set must've been hung over. I think I made one line break, but other than that i knocked on about a thousand times, and lost a scrum at hooker against the feed.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The boys from the SuperLeague are just too good, you guys better get used to it. Also i think Jamee was unlikely not to get some MVP Points, his boot pretty much won use the game.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Disappointed not to provide more for the boys. A knock-on, and then benched, in nearly 70 minutes at first receiver isnt' the output wanted. Oh well, we won thanks to Jamee, lets hope we can get a few more tries in future games - none of this boring penalty fests :p

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Not a bad start for the scorpions, but our discipline let us down very badly conceding twice as many penalties as the Crusaders. But I think this was the game we need to have to get the nerves and what not out of our system. Hopefully from now on there will be less fighting, more footy.

Scorpions Penalty Count
Head High Tackle- 5
Offside- 5
Fighting- 3
Stealing the ball- 2
Holding the player down- 2
Passing the ball of the ground- 1
Dangerous Tackle- 1
Play-The-Ball Infringement- 1

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
age_master said:
we play nice dont we :)
The best passage of play in the match.....

3:59 CW Scorpions: 5 tackles, -1 metres gained
Lacklustre play by CW Scorpions
CW Crusaders penalised for fighting.
PENALTY to CW Scorpions
Matt Currie kicks for touch
Ball finds touch 10 m out

Ball on CW Crusaders 10 m line

5:05 CW Scorpions: 5 tackles, 5 metres gained
Great run by Simon Fitzsimmons
CW Scorpions penalised for fighting.
PENALTY to CW Crusaders
Jamee Gray kicks for touch
Who started a fight when we were only 5 meters out? :dry:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I seem better on this than on CWXI, but that's hardly a challenge :p

GO SCORPIONS!!! (We need a colour)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lots of positives from that boys. But since when was I a lock forward?! I put myself down as a winger or in the centres I think. :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My bad. Good stuff, I think I still have a few bones unbroken! MMM... scrummy.