• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Results and Discussion

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL Thamba scoring a penalty, good times. A bit disappointed with that possession not to win the game, but oh well its just pre season and possession is more to do with tactics then anything else.

On a personal note happy with MOM, but how come I only got 10 Tackling points. Its seems midfielders are getting a excessive amount points. I got 20 for one key pass myself. Reckon that needs to be looked at.

Also both keeper had good games apart from letting one goal in each and both lost points. Surely for performances like that Donald should be even and Dunn should have got a few points added. I haven't looked at the other matches, but did notice midfielder getting an excessive amount of points in trail matches.
I would hardly say the midfielders are getting excessive amounts of points (yes passing is getting a few more points than the other stats though it seems) because all players are struggling to get any from what I've noticed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Matchday 3

Nixontown Nomads vs Island Swell
After a close defeat away at United, Nomads prepared for their first ever home game.

The visitors were The Swell who had finished the strongest of all teams in Season 1.

Despite being at home it was going to be tough as Nixontown were missing their 2 strongest strikers (Corazzin and Zaza). Could the Nomads cope with the Swell?

Attachments

Last edited:

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
The CW Premiership pre-season officially kicked off with Season 1 Champions, East Coast Fury, travelling to Auckland to play Auckand City.

For 3 seasons Auckland City have dominated the New Zealand Football Championship and they are heavy favourites against a Fury team much weakened fom last season.

A capacity crowd arrived at Kiwitea Street, Auckland to see the Webbers battle their local boys. They expected City stars such as South Korean- Lee Ki-Hung, South African- Keryn Jordan and Solomon Islander- Henry Fa'arodo to make easy work of the new look Fury.

Would it be as easy as anticipated?
That cracked me up. ACFC and Waitak get almost no one at their games.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Matchday 3 cont...

Southern Dynamo vs East Coast Fury

This was the 3rd game for Fury in the pre-season but Dynamo were playing their first after their off-season shake up.

Southern Dynamo are a collection of players from the old Southern Stallions, old Western Dynamo and new recruits.

How would they gel and would they come together in the face of the challenge from the hereto impressive Fury?

Attachments

Last edited:

Johnners

Hmmm, we were very lucky to get away with a draw there. Thats 2 games in a row where the opposition has dominated possession, which is something that needs to be addressed.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not a bad result. Dominated the game pretty well, although lacking that end product - only two shots on goal out of eight says we could use some target practice.

How are points calculated, by the way? I noticed my yellow caused me to go -5 in everything despite my two key tackles, while Williams got one key tackle in and got a red - but still gained 35 points in tackling.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Points will need to be looked at. They are set low for the pre-season and will be tweaked for the regular season.

Im not changing it for the pre-season (as it has started as some have played more than others) but the issue is that I have the setting turned on that players with lower stats get more advantage from doing things in the game. Unfortunately its set so that the higher players may actually get a deduction. :blink:

Its unfortunate but the points are so low as not to make much difference and think of it as the players with lower points getting more out of pre-season games.

It will be changed for the season itself.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
For Matchday 4

Code:
Mat_Mitchell (cen) is suspended for 1 games
Rhys_Williams (eas)  is suspended for 1 games
Zaza_J (nix) is injured for 1 weeks with a hamstring strain

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
even though we got a draw we played well just couldnt finish it. positive though for the boys! go the dynamo

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Under-20s preliminary squad announced

At a press conference today, Under-20s captain Håkon Mørk revealed that the eleven for the match with New Zealand's youth team would be selected from the following squad of 16:

Goalkeepers: Ryan Dunn (East Coast), Shan Jasotharan (Island)
Defenders: Richard Hingston (Central), David Kearsley (East Coast), Jack McNamara (Southern), Xavier Rose (Northside), Donald Speirs (East Coast)
Midfielders: Kingsley Clapham (East Coast), Håkon Mørk (Island), George Pardoe (Island), G Sriram (Central), Kexing Su (Central), Greg Thomas (Central)
Forwards: Myles Hutchinson (Island), Thamba Mamesh (Northside), Matt Luff (Island)

The squad will be whittled down to 11 during the next 24 hours.

Johnners

Think you'll find D stands for Daniel in D_Speirs ;)

Pleased to have made the squad, can't see me making the starting XI though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Matchday 4

This round of games would bring up the halfway point of the pre-seasons. Which teams were rewarding their fans with signs of promise and which Teams already had their faithful worried.

Northern Power vs Southern Dynamo
With the Fury struggling to score, this game gave both teams an opportunity to seperate themselves from the group.

After disappointing finishes in Season 1, both teams were looking to re-group and rebuild in an effort to push for honours in Season 2.

Island Swell vs Central United
Both teams faced their first real test of the pre-season after easily brushing aside CW Premiership new boys, Nomads, in their first games.

A rivalry existed between the teams after some special games in Season 1. What would swing the balance, the dynamic and strong United Midfield or the clincal Swell forward line?

Attachments

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Glad to have two good games on the trot. Was a pretty even game, 0-0 probably the fitting result, could've gone either way on the day.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
So annoying, we always dominate the ball and the chances and lose.
TBH, on any other day it looks like you would have got a result. Keeper being sent off and giving away an own goal, and giving away a penalty aren't things that will happen every game.

United definately looked the better side.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Think you'll find D stands for Daniel in D_Speirs ;)

Pleased to have made the squad, can't see me making the starting XI though.
That's correct.

Good to be picked, hopefully it's a stepping stone to senior honours.