• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre 2000 Franchise T20 Draft

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I got this interesting idea for a draft whilst bored in class. Pick a franchise T20 team from players who retired before the year 2000. Your first pick would determine the country you'll mainly from for the rest of the draft. 12 rounds. 3 Overseas Players allowed per pick. Pick guys you think would be most suited to a T20 set-up. No Bradman and subsequent round orders reversed as always.

Suggestions welcomed. I may need help running this lest I trundler up in grand fashion.

trundler

My initial idea was pre-1970. Thought 1 FC match should be the minimum requirement.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
how about we make this pre-2005 like.

There are players like Waugh who didn't play T20Is at all.

And there's more to this.

trundler

Nah but I'm pretty sure other guys did. Makes it confusing. 2000 seems like a good cutoff as the first T20 competition started in the early 2000s.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How about not playing T20s as the restriction you impose, instead of the pre 2000s rule.
AWTA

I'll definitely play this one, could be a fun look at some older era players.

trundler

The basic idea was picking players who never played in T20s.

I'll be happy to make it pre-2005 but the player mustn't have played any T20s.

Teuton

International Captain
I also think it would be simpler to include only players who did not play (official) T20s. Retirement dates can be a matter of interpretation (is FC vs international)

kingkallis

International Coach
I also think it would be simpler to include only players who did not play (official) T20s. Retirement dates can be a matter of interpretation (is FC vs international)
This makes sense. Players who never played T20 Internationals can be picked.

trundler

Alright. No T20s at domestic or international level and minimum one FC match is the requirement now.