• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post season let off steam friendlies?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Newbies vs Captains
at Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball lost

Josh Ritchie hit an unbeaten 82 to steer his side to a meagre target of 193, thus winning the charity series and the monetary prize to be donated to whatever the Newbies' captain chooses. A wholly insufficient effort from the top order, Håkon Mørk's 51 excepted.

David Kennett and Mat Mitchell rebuilt, but Andy Pimpkins struck four times in an over to stop the Captains running away to a big total. Chasing 192, the Newbies slipped to 112 for six, but König and Mittal managed to stick it out with Ritchie before the batsmen took 24 in 22 balls to secure the victory.

Captains' XI 192 all out (45.1)
Mørk 51; Pimpkins 4/44, Mittal 3/25

Newbies' XI 193 for seven (45.4)
Ritchie 82*; Wright 2/32, Demeza 2/34

Newbies' XI won by three wickets

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
Haha gun from the Newbies, good signs for the future of dev league.

Amir so overrated, clearly a poor man's Manan Shah.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Still not sure why the final was a OD match after all the other matches being FC, but anyway.

Well done to the newbies!

Flying V

U19 12th Man
What a massive performance from Ritchie, absolutely key in the victory. Mittal and Pimpkins essential in the bowling attack to get them all out in time.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The performances of Konig and Mittal with the bat shouldnt be underestimated there, at 6/112 we were pretty much gone, huge effort from those two to support Ritchie to the end.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just name teams for the lot and I'm sure it'll all get sorted on time. We've got a few days before the weekend. :) I think it's OD first.