• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Poppadom fingers' in modern times

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i mean i know a lot of dumb aussie girls that think all indian guys are actually like that so it probably is a little racist
bit of victim blaming here. It's not the "dumb" aussie girls that perpetuate the stereotype. It's the unwavering horde of men-of-a-certain-background that friend request and message them daily.

edit: obviously not fair to class all "indian guys" under that banner though

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rolling down my car window and shouting "fiddly-dee potatoes" at some redheaded Irishman. People are fine with it and definitely not cringing on the inside.

mr_mister

bit of victim blaming here. It's not the "dumb" aussie girls that perpetuate the stereotype. It's the unwavering horde of men-of-a-certain-background that friend request and message them daily.

the dumbness comes from them assuming an indian guy they meet here in australia might start treating them like that so they don't date them

TheJediBrah

the dumbness comes from them assuming an indian guy they meet here in australia might start treating them like that so they don't date them
Not sure you can claim that is the main reason they wouldn't date them

oh they consider themselves quite smart they just write off their bigotry as 'preference'
lol wut? anyone can have their own preference as to what they are attracted to. Calling it bigotry is a bit ****ed up.

mr_mister

They think they'd all be cricket obsessed and other cultural stereotypes such as thinking they're a bobs and vagene type person even if they were Australian born Indians

Writing off a whole race to me as dating partners is a bit nuts in any situation. Like its bigotry in my opinion. Unless their English is so bad it'd be too much effort.

It's a bit different to preferring certain personality types lol which is far more acceptable type of preference

If you want to go down the people can have different physical preferences route then sure, I don't like fat girls either. But writing off a whole race for physical reasons makes me think it's skin colour related

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have *** with people from a certain race because you're not attracted to them

mr_mister

Can you honestly say there's a race you just don't find attractive people in? At all? Because to me that's crazy. Maybe there's nothing wrong with it but it seems really dumb

I'm not basing this on the fact they havent dated Indian men before, Im basing this on sweeping opinions they've given on Indian men as a whole.

TheJediBrah

Can you honestly say there's a race you just don't find attractive people in? At all? Because to me that's crazy. Maybe there's nothing wrong with it but it seems really dumb

I'm not basing this on the fact they havent dated Indian men before, Im basing this on sweeping opinions they've given on Indian men as a whole.
Personally, no. There are attractive, and unattractive, people of all races as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not going to assume that's the case for everyone.

Maybe it is dumb but so is calling someone a bigot because they don't want to have *** with someone.

mr_mister

That's twisting my words a tad. It's because they don't want to date anyone at all from an entire race.

Shady Slim

International Coach

send bobs and vagene tbh

mr_mister

Also Jedi I find it strange that you think 'there are attractive and unattractive people of all races as far as I'm concerned' which is pretty much all I'm trying to say, yet you don't think as lowly as the people with opposing viewpoint as I do.

To me it's like we both agree the sky is blue, I think people who think it's green are idiots, you think I'm too quick to judge them

To me it really is a viewpoint anyone with a brain should hold

TheJediBrah

Also Jedi I find it strange that you think 'there are attractive and unattractive people of all races as far as I'm concerned' which is pretty much all I'm trying to say, yet you don't think as lowly as the people with opposing viewpoint as I do.

To me it's like we both agree the sky is blue, I think people who think it's green are idiots, you think I'm too quick to judge them

To me it really is a viewpoint anyone with a brain should hold
It's because you said that anyone who isn't attracted to people of a certain race is a bigot

mr_mister

Bigoted in the dating world, yeah

An uncomfortable truth but hey, the arguments against it are seeming thinner and thinner to me

TheJediBrah

Bigoted in the dating world, yeah

An uncomfortable truth but hey, the arguments against it are seeming thinner and thinner to me
If that's how you want to define as bigot then everyone is bigot

you're a bigot for not wanting to date fat chicks

I'm a bigot for not wanting to date women over 6 foot

vcs

It's a tricky one TBH. I would find it hard to blame a woman for not wanting to date someone from, let's say, Saudi Arabia (or somewhere else where women are not seen as equal) in the absence of any other information about the person. It's also understandable if someone didn't want to marry someone with zero cultural overlap, polar opposite food preferences etc. Indian men have a well deserved bad rep for online creepiness, ***ism and lack of respect for consent etc, but I think it's a bit harsh to rule out more than half a billion people on the basis of that, but I dunno.

There's also the issue in dating that people can be perfectly charming in the beginning and put away their "true feelings" until you've made an emotional commitment, so being wary is understandable. Yeah, it's stereotyping and inherently prejudicial, but then, all dating is. There are no easy answers.

mr_mister

say you're 5'11(or 5'6, or anything) for example nobody would expect you to date women over 6 feet and they wouldn't want to either and it's probably just very impractical for lots of reasons. but yeah arguments can definitely be made for this being somewhat bigoted depending on some things (5'3 girl only wanting guys over 6 feet is something you see sometimes)

but its still different

and people can lose weight with a bit of hard work - that's the least bigoted dating preference of all when it comes to physical traits. and i'll never budge on that as I used to be fat

race stuff is far more sinister to me and i'm skeptical of people who rule out entire races as undateable. i have male friends who do it too with certain races

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

race stuff is far more sinister to me.
It's only sinister if it's something like "I wouldn't date people from x race because they are dirty and smell"

There's nothing wrong with "I wouldn't date people from x race because I'm not attracted to them"

mr_mister

It's only sinister if it's something like "I wouldn't date people from x race because they are dirty and smell"

There's nothing wrong with "I wouldn't date people from x race because I'm not attracted to them"

well what is attraction really? like i'm sure you as well as me would laugh and think someone was lying if they said 'yeah like i dunno i've just never found a single person from race x attractive. it's just the way i'm wired i guess hehe'

like it probably stems from opinions thinking race x are dirty and smell or race x are all creeps who don't respect women

there's no way people actually can look at a whole race and not find people with attractive faces and bodies

Last edited: