• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

Niall

International Coach
Italy aren't ready to stay in it then.

Good start for Georgia, Wales dont look up for this...
Realistically they need more tier one competitive games, but genuinely don't know how that can be achieved.

I know making it a seven nations appeals to some, but the rugby season in Europe is cramped, I don't think the big boys would agree.

I also don't think the promotion /relegation option that some suggest has a chance of happening. Nobody in the six nations would agree for self perseverance reasons.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Immense result for Uruguay. A bonus point win as well. Means they can target automatic qualification by getting to 3rd in the group, which is just about the wildest dreams of any Teros supporter.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Fiji made 12 changes for this game - i expect it will spark some chat about the four-day turnarounds
Part of rugby (like many sports) is your squad depth. Everybody has to deal with 4 day turn around. Trite I know but true nevertheless.

Meridio

International Regular
One of my absolute favourite things in World Cups of all sports is heavily unfancied/amateur/minnow teams beating more established rivals. Just means so much to them. Japan beating SA in the last one is my top memory of that tournament, never mind that NZ won the whole thing. Great stuff, Uruguay.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just been watching the highlights. Massive effort from the 'Guays. Exactly what the world cup is about. We can add this to Samoa beating the Leekists in 91 & 99, Fiji beating them in 07 (spotting a theme...), Tonga beating France in 11 and, of course, The Blossoms beating The Boks last time.

Fiji did present it on a silver salver though. Missed far too many tackles and the kicking from the tee was just woeful.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Australia have, oddly, picked Foley to start against Wales. Dropping CLL entirely...

I'll always back Aus to beat Wales, but fear we'll be undone by the lack of a sharpshooter knocking over the 3s. Oh to have a Matt Burke/Joe Roff type in the squad again.
Reckon the Wallabies deserve to get beaten for nixing my draft team

ripper868

International Coach
Thanks for bringing this to the right thread Howe.

My only hope is that its 2015 and foley/AAC proves me wrong.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Every time I have seen AAC play I’ve thought he looks a classy player. Think he’s underrated by Aus fans.

ripper868

International Coach
Oh he's 1000% classy, and probably the smartest player we have In the squad (and that salt n pepper beard/hair is just dreamy). I just hope he doesn't wind up in a foot race with Adams or North, as he'll lose that by 15 metres.

Anyway, here hoping I'm wrong by about 25 points.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah I got up at 6 to watch Georgia v Uruguay, what of it

Appropriately, both sides lok a bit knackered. Especially Uruguay, who are trying to avoid the Georgian forwards by running everything