• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - England, France, Argentina, United States, Tonga

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

ripper868

International Coach
Damn that try! I had england by 53, which looked like being closest...instead it's by 38, which brings everyone but me into bonus points I think...with fertang bang on!

Fun couple of minutes that though

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be 6 weeks minimum for that hit on Farrell.

Should be 3 weeks minimum for Francis, but note there is suitably less outrage on Twitter during to the Crest on his shirt. Worse hit then the Hodge tackle.

Add to that - how was Farrell allowed to stay on the pitch and not go through HIA?
That's not fair.

There's less outrage for the Francis one than the hit on Farrel because (a) nothing was made of it at the time and (b) as you allude to yourself (3 weeks vs 6) it wasn't as bad.

Certainly has less going for it than the Hodge hit though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't catch the second half as I had to return to work after a liquid (well liquid plus burger and curly fries, strictly speaking) lunch dans la boozer for the first, but the hit on Farrell sounds a wee bit naughty.

ripper868

International Coach
That's not fair.

There's less outrage for the Francis one than the hit on Farrel because (a) nothing was made of it at the time and (b) as you allude to yourself (3 weeks vs 6) it wasn't as bad.

Certainly has less going for it than the Hodge hit though.
Sorry mate misunderstanding - outrage levels as in Francis hit compared to the Hodge hit, agree with you the hit on Farrel was dirty and deserves to be heavily punished.

Hit on Farrel was disgusting. Came after hed regathered a knock on, and passed. I'm no fan of Faz and his own style of tackling but noone should be on the receiving end of something like that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would have been nice if Tonga could have played like this against England.

Argentina looking good to put them away but they've just picked up dropped balls and ran them in. Four tries in 25 minutes.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah if you're not watching make sure you catch the highlights for Veainu's second. At the end of the rainbow you find offloads like that.

ripper868

International Coach
So Tonga win 2nd half then? Blanking the argies. Big plus for England if somehow wind up losing to ARG but beating France with a 3 way tie thing...but likely not to matter as cant see ARG doing it if they play like that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah Argentina played like a top tier side for half an hour and then just sat on their lead.

I don't think they really needed more once they got the bonus point, they only lost to France by 2 so in a 'three way tie' situation it'll probably be France that go home early.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, couple of minor quibbles aside (I'd probably have Courts ahead of Kruis as he's a better ball carrier, but what we gain from that we'd arguably lose in the line out & I'd swap Watson's & Daly's positions) it's arguably our best XV, allowing for Mako coming back from injury.

Feeling disconcertingly confident.