• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - South Africa, Samoa, Scotland, Japan, United States

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remarkable thing is it didn't seem like a giant killing at all - looked like a meeting of equals one of whom just shaded it

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remarkable thing is it didn't seem like a giant killing at all - looked like a meeting of equals one of whom just shaded it
Makes you wonder if they will qualify for knockout rounds. As you say it was a match of equals and there are a couple of other sides in the group that might cause problems too.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so good. I love going for Japan when they play sport full stop, mainly in the soccer but they disappointed me at that world cup. Maybe they can please me here

BeeGee

International Captain
Loved the final try scorer given directions by the man inside him. Highlights cant reveal everything but to win they must have matched it with the Saffy scrum. Japan look like a side.
Japan's scrum was superior a lot of the time. I was shocked. Japan have improved out of sight.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Samoa poaches New Zers? Oh how I laughed.
Well they get them under the parent/grandparent rule - they tried to recruit Lima Sopoaga but he turned them down. There are no Samoan-born players in the All Black squad (Jerome Kaino was born in American Samoa which is classified as the US) while are 12/13 NZ-born players in the Samoan squad.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, well done Japan. Tanaka is my favourite rugby player - before Perenara improved the Highlanders had the 2 best halfbacks in NZ