• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Russia, Samoa

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Japan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

• Samoa

• Total voters

D/L

U19 Captain
Latest is that Japan v Scotland is still due to go ahead. Hope it does. It should be a great game, particularly if Scotland can field their strongest side.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Japan pulling out the old "kami-kaze" trick from their playbook, it seems. Worked against the Mongol hordes in the 13th century, so why not try it again now, eh?
Played. I was going to make a similar "divine wind" smartarseicism.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I'd suggest they cant cancel 2 matches and delay another, that's be a touch unfairsys in my book.
I agree, it's got to be a level playing field - as much as possible, anyway. Of course, this only serves to highlight World Ruby's pathetic lack of a decent contingency plan in the first place. Muppets.

Howe_zat

Audio File
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50011693

Scottish Rugby believes it has a legal case against the game's governing body as it seeks to ensure their decisive World Cup match with Japan goes ahead.

"For World Rugby to simply state that the game has to be cancelled goes against the whole sporting integrity of the tournament," [Mark] Dodson told the Today programme on BBC Radio Four.

"World Rugby have pointed us back to the participation agreement and that it is clearly stated there. We've had a legal opinion and then we've taken a leading sports QC opinion in London that challenges that and unravels the World Rugby case."

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lawyers! Yay. They make everything better.

Totally understand how the Sweaties are mardy about it though. Must be the worst possible way to exit a tournament.

ripper868

International Coach
Nah, worst way would be losing to Wales and Australia at home in your own World Cup, while still having Uruguay to play in a dead rubber :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lawyers! Yay. They make everything better.

Totally understand how the Sweaties are mardy about it though. Must be the worst possible way to exit a tournament.
You see their manager’s comments from back when it originally seemed that the Ireland game would be cancelled? :laugh:

F2DF7EF7-2C88-47B6-859C-0BB205CCB070.jpeg

ripper868

International Coach
Irish commentator on ITV "you just can not go in to a tackle with that kind of force"...you kidding me? The Irish player has basically headbutted the Samoan on the shoulder, who was at perfect tackling height. Berry applied the mitigation well, but Samoa can definitely feel hard done by.

ripper868

International Coach
I'd say Henshaw has run into the samoan defender there as well...these 2 ITV commentators are the most 1 eyed I've heard in the tournament

ripper868

International Coach
And whilst Samoa were always up against it in this match, these 2 decisions have led to an easy easy try for Ireland, and the match is effectively dead at the 9 minute mark.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd say Henshaw has run into the samoan defender there as well...these 2 ITV commentators are the most 1 eyed I've heard in the tournament
Irish commentators or people commentating about Irish rugby are dreadful. I hate that Premier Sports is so pro-Irish it almost makes their coverage of the Pro 14 not worth paying for.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Samoa have played the ugliest rugby they can with talented players for years, and they've been picking up cards all tournament because they come out and try and injure the opposition rather than play. I've very little sympathy for them