• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pommie Mbangwa

Athlai

Not Terrible
Won my heart at the WC, would love to hear from this guy more yet usually only does SA tours from my memory.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Cool voice, good insight, freshens up the box. All he has to stop doing is knocking on the pitch with his fist demonstrating how hard it is.

FBU

International Debutant
I like Sivaramakrishnan as well. He reminds me of Tin Tin.

Pommie is also great to listen to.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
hes not really used @ all now days but the kiwi pair of gavin larsen and danny morrison i always thought were pretty good

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Won my heart at the WC, would love to hear from this guy more yet usually only does SA tours from my memory.
He's been really good from what I've heard of him.

It'd be great if he came over here next summer and did some work on Nine or the ABC.

Is he more a TV guy, or does he do radio work as well.

Craig

World Traveller

Love how white his teeth are, I better go to the same dentist or buy the right type of toothpaste.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nasser, from whatever little I heard from him, seemed great...

Pommie is good...But Jackman is better it seems...

Marius

International Debutant
As I understand it, Pommie has the nickname because of the way he speaks, ie. like a Pom. I am speaking under correction though.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think(only speculating) that most people's problems with him are his not so pleasing to the ears voice, because once I got over that and listened to what he had to say he wasn't that bad. Especially good when he's analysing spinners. Surprised he didn't turn out a better player than his record shows because he sounds smart enough.
He was a superb leg spinner when he first came to the Indian side. He and Maninder revived hopes of another Golden era of spin but one day cricket, too much hype for both of them when still very young seemed to affect them both negatively. Siva later tried to concentrate on his batting to make a come back. He was a pretty good batsman when he put effort into it but it was as a leg spin/googly bowler that he gave hints of greatness.