• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Political Correctness Gone Mad

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This is all common sense
Yeah, but on a first date? I could see it happening if the date became one of those, drink a lot and start discussing the universe kind of deals, but if this got cracked open in the first 10 minutes it'd be a bit much (in terms of being a **** date).

watson

Banned
‘10 Things Every Intersectional Feminist Should Ask On a First Date’ proves that the Feminist Movement is no longer about Feminism or Womens Rights.

It’s as if Feminism in the West has run its course and therefore turned itself into a propaganda machine because its bored with nothing to do.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, but on a first date? I could see it happening if the date became one of those, drink a lot and start discussing the universe kind of deals, but if this got cracked open in the first 10 minutes it'd be a bit much (in terms of being a **** date).
This is the sort of thinking that’s typical of the patriarchy

Redbacks

International Captain

NZTailender

‘10 Things Every Intersectional Feminist Should Ask On a First Date’ proves that the Feminist Movement is no longer about Feminism or Womens Rights.

It’s as if Feminism in the West has run its course and therefore turned itself into a propaganda machine because its bored with nothing to do.
No, it just proves that it's expanded to the point that daft articles like this will crop up.

Gives plenty of fodder, though, to come up with conclusions like the above and appease some confirmation bias about feminism.

NZTailender

It's a ridiculous, stupid, Marxist and fascist thoughtpiece. Quite disgusted by it.
For me it's up there with lad mag or meninist 'guide for dating' type stuff filled with traditional gender normative bull**** like "make sure she's a good cook" or crap like that.

In other words, absolute ****. I guess this is equality between the ***es, though...

StephenZA

International Coach
Jesus, did we all just agree on an article?
Nope.... not that I agree with all the Q asked and answered; but I have similar red line issues on dates.

Eg. Climate science beliefs, Evolutionary beliefs, Healing power of Crystals, Trump is a moronic cretin that is a plague on human decency...etc etc.

If you do feel that strongly about something then get it out of the way, the article is not exactly aimed at generally dating but dating for 'extreme' feminists.... I am sure you could find similar for highly religious, science or politically minded people with strong held beliefs. So I don't exactly know what this has to do with political correctness.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope.... not that I agree with all the Q asked and answered; but I have similar red line issues on dates.

Eg. Climate science beliefs, Evolutionary beliefs, Healing power of Crystals, Trump is a moronic cretin that is a plague on human decency...etc etc.

If you do feel that strongly about something then get it out of the way, the article is not exactly aimed at generally dating but dating for 'extreme' feminists.... I am sure you could find similar for highly religious, science or politically minded people with strong held beliefs. So I don't exactly know what this has to do with political correctness.
But there's a difference between your own dating preferences, which aren't really anyone else's business, and writing an article prescribing highly specific non-negotiables for "every intersectional feminist" to follow.

vcs

But there's a difference between your own dating preferences, which aren't really anyone else's business, and writing an article prescribing highly specific non-negotiables for "every intersectional feminist" to follow.
Yeah. Also, someone (who doesn't do politics for a living) making political opinions seemingly the entire cornerstone of their existence is someone to be avoided.

In a way, it's good that she'd get it out of the way early, TBF to her.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Jesus, did we all just agree on an article?
Haha I think everyone agrees that the tumblr-feminists are mostly embarrassing and awful. It's just that some think they're a serious threat to the political culture of open discourse, whereas others think they're an insignificant subculture of cringeworthy teenage losers.

Gnske

International Coach
All that tells me if you give that interrogation of queries out on a first date is that you must have a fatal tumor buried away in your brain.

"Do you think black lives matter?"

What an ice breaker that is, my response would be "No, actually! In fact Birth of a Nation is one of my favourite films, and I also believe the emancipation proclamation was the greatest mistake ever committed by the human race!"

StephenZA

International Coach
It is an opinion piece in a feminist magazine.... I mean it is no better/worse than half the crap in the newspapers out there on dating do's and don'ts, particularly things like the Mail and Sun. Just because it is on the extreme views edge, so what, it written for its audience.