• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player X vs Player Y

Who was the better player?

• Player X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Too small a sample size.

Poll also lacks irrelevant third option of Player Z.

vcs

Tough one. X has great numbers but he had the advantage of playing for the stronger team. Y had patches of inconsistency but usually came up big for his team when the chips were down. He also had to carry his team at times in his career. It's tough to compare across eras, but if you asked me to pick one of them to play to save my life, I'd pick Y. I'd rather have X's career, though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If we are talking about women's cricket, X for saturday nights and Y for sunday nights.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough one. X has great numbers but he had the advantage of playing for the stronger team. Y had patches of inconsistency but usually came up big for his team when the chips were down. He also had to carry his team at times in his career. It's tough to compare across eras, but if you asked me to pick one of them to play to save my life, I'd pick Y. I'd rather have X's career, though.
True, but I think that you're possibly forgetting just how good player Y was, particularly his first class career. It was obvious to anyone watching that he was picked about three years too late. He could have plundered an extra few thousand runs in that time.

Player X though had the advantage of playing in times of flat pitches and bashed weak attacks to make his runs. Look at his record vs the minnows of the day. They inflate his overall average by three runs!

Burgey

True, but I think that you're possibly forgetting just how good player Y was, particularly his first class career. It was obvious to anyone watching that he was picked about three years too late. He could have plundered an extra few thousand runs in that time.

Player X though had the advantage of playing in times of flat pitches and bashed weak attacks to make his runs. Look at his record vs the minnows of the day. They inflate his overall average by three runs!
Heard Player X had a victim complex..

:ph34r:

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
Has to be Player X, what has Player Y ever done.

Xavier Tras has been around for over a century and often makes a handy contribution to the total.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Heard Player X had a victim complex..

Frankly all your posts have been junk in this thread. Infact all your posts lately have been junk and so is your humor.

I am sick of this continuous nonsense on CW which has been hijacked by some morons.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Player T was superior to both of these players as he played over a longer period while maintaining a similar average.

Burgey

Frankly all your posts have been junk in this thread. Infact all your posts lately have been junk and so is your humor.

I am sick of this continuous nonsense on CW which has been hijacked by some morons.

Is that a denial?

Indipper

State Regular
Player Y never hit the ball in the air cause he was afraid to get out caught. Surely he can't have been as good as Player X who hit the ball wherever he pleased. Besides Player Y never played a good knock in Country L or faced his own bowlers!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thread Closed.

Find it curious how certain members posting in this thread talk about attempting to help improve the atmosphere yet continue with threads and posts like this obviously in an attempt to mock other members who enjoy threads of this type.

Status
Not open for further replies.