• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player with the most stupid hairstyle in International cricket

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That was the 70s. He also had a mou and flairs...

There's nothing wrong with long hair except that it makes you look like some god-damned hippy/cross dresser... :ph34r:
With extremely occasional exceptions, long hair just doesn't suit guys IMO, especially now we've passed 1990. My hair will never be any longer than it is now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shows that you should stay out of this thread then eh.

Nothing wrong with Bracken having long hair. Lillee had logish hair and was magnificent. It makes no difference.

And the reason he wears a head band is so he can actually see the ball. The one thing that I don't understand is how it isn't so ****ing annoying and hot for him to cut it all off thinking of all the cricket he plays over the Australian summer.
As Matt pointed out the great man's lack of short-back-and-sides was mitigated by his truly world-class tache. Doubt Bracken could manage more than a spot of bumfluff.

Anyway, Sir Ian's mullet used to be a bit good back in the day:

But you can't go past Dizzy's "I've just come to tarmac your drive, mind if I unhitch my caravan?" look of the recent past:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As Matt pointed out the great man's lack of short-back-and-sides was mitigated by his truly world-class tache. Doubt Bracken could manage more than a spot of bumfluff.

Anyway, Sir Ian's mullet used to be a bit good back in the day:

But you can't go past Dizzy's "I've just come to tarmac your drive, mind if I unhitch my caravan?" look of the recent past:

Forgot about the mullets, best haircut TBH.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Malinga's is awesome. Can't see how anyone couldn't like that.

I thought Bracken's was ordinary, but its growing on me (no pun intended).

Worst is RP Singh. He looks like such a nerd with that hairstyle.

Last edited:

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gotta love the originality of Malinga and Sidebottom's massive mops.

I'd say if James Anderson spent half as much energy on his bowling instead of preening his hair he'd be the best in the world by now.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
With extremely occasional exceptions, long hair just doesn't suit guys IMO, especially now we've passed 1990. My hair will never be any longer than it is now.
Bang goes my tied back, slicked back, hair idea:laugh:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Pietersen's Blue hair was shocking

The stupid hairstyle I love to hate though is Malinga's - what on earth is going on with that thing?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Symonds' dreads are pretty awful. Does he actually think they look good? He looked way better when he had a shaved head IMO.

FBU

International Debutant
Gotta love the originality of Malinga and Sidebottom's massive mops.

I'd say if James Anderson spent half as much energy on his bowling instead of preening his hair he'd be the best in the world by now.
And when have you seen him preening? You are just guessing aren't you? How long does it take for Sidebottom and Malinga to wash and dry their hair, not counting the time they spend at the hairdresser having it permed and coloured. I think most men spend far too much time looking at themselves in the mirror anyway. :laugh:

He is still young. Bowlers usuallly peak in their late twenties. Who knows what he is going to become.

Julian87

State Captain
I think John Lennon, Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, Nick Valensi, Caleb Followill, Jack White, Julian casablancas, Dave Grohl, Will Sheff, Zac De La Rocha and Kurdt Cobain should have definitely had a crew cut at all times, because they all looked bloody terrible and some blokes think that long hair just doesn't suit blokes.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think John Lennon, Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, Nick Valensi, Caleb Followill, Jack White, Julian casablancas, Dave Grohl, Will Sheff, Zac De La Rocha and Kurdt Cobain should have definitely had a crew cut at all times, because they all looked bloody terrible and some blokes think that long hair just doesn't suit blokes.
We're talking about cricketers haircuts, not musicians.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Most of those guys were quite popular with the ladies, words such as *** symbols come to mind. Hmm. Not wearing it for the boys maybe?