• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player ratings thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thankfully Stephen is a 10/10 otherwise the average of the Aussie posters would be about 2.5.

Pom posters averaging about 7-8. Absolutely dominating per these ratings.

GIMH what can we do to catch up, coach us

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Adders - 5/10 - Too quiet and too polite by his usual standards. I want to see patrotism that borders on jingoism and I want it now.
I'm going to use this as my defence when I contest the warning I received on Sunday night. I also thought I was being exceptionally polite when I pointed out the error of a couple of posters ways. Farcical warning.

Burgey

Yeah there's been a few bad warnings, infractions and bans handed out over the past little while. But look, the mods are doing their best and it's not an easy job in these conditions. Much like both teams' batting line ups and the umpires for the upcoming test, they're mediocre and realistically not up to the job, but what can you do? You hope they'll somehow perform and get it right.

TheJediBrah

bit harsh comparing the mods to these umps. Sure they're no Simon Taufel but it's not like they're Joel Wilson or Kumar Dharmasena

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And we can't forget that the actual job of the mods has very little to do with handing out infractions or bans fairly. They are more picked for their abilities behind the scenes - organising posts, remembering when to log in etc...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And we can't forget that the actual job of the mods has very little to do with handing out infractions or bans fairly. They are more picked for their abilities behind the scenes - organising posts, remembering when to log in etc...
Your best post in this subbie

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Thankfully Stephen is a 10/10 otherwise the average of the Aussie posters would be about 2.5.

Pom posters averaging about 7-8. Absolutely dominating per these ratings.

GIMH what can we do to catch up, coach us
Become English. Can be arranged quickly and conveniently if it's mutually beneficial.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bit harsh comparing the mods to these umps. Sure they're no Simon Taufel but it's not like they're Joel Wilson or Kumar Dharmasena
Indeed. What's next? Expecting the 2 teams to not like the way the game is umpired so just walk off and refuse to play? We're not India FFS.

OverratedSanity

India did the cricket world a service by ending Bucknor's career. His career deserved a bullet to the head a decade before India did it.

morgieb

Warner 7 - key 50 first innings, even if it wasn't fluent. Bonus points for awesome fielding.
Harris 1 - looked OK before throwing it away. But dropped the key catch....
Khawaja 2 - see above
Labuschagne 8 - two key fifties, should've set up a Test win. Not fluent but then again was anyone in the first three innings?
Head 3 - didn't do much, but that run-out should've been a match-winner
Wade 3 - one OK-ish knock, but that dismissal proved crucial
Paine 0 - never play for Australia again you ****
Pattinson 7.5 - bowled very well throughout, deserved more than 3 wickets.
Cummins 7 - not at his best second innings, but proved amazing first innings.
Lyon 7 - the only bowler that didn't have a phase of bowling pies, really.
Hazlewood 9 - about as well as I've seen him bowl, yet played a key role in eventually losing the Test. Would've gotten a 10 otherwise.

Burns 1 - luck finally runs out. Looked pretty vulnerable all innings.
Roy 0 - worst opener I've ever seen
Root 7 - key knock second dig. Would probably have been forgotten as a "typical Root knock though" if it wasn't for the #5.....
Denly 5 - looked bad but second innings proved crucial in the end.
Stokes 20 - that's right, a 20 out of ten. Easy to forget that his bowling basically kept Australia from setting a massive total, given that innings. Best innings I've ever seen I think. I'm going to struggle to get over this for a long time.....
Bairstow 5 - was on the way for a hilariously rubbish match, but a crucial cameo with Stokes proved very handy.
Buttler 1 - sucked. Looks like that 2018 home summer was a bit of an anomaly at Test level.
Woakes 4 - ordinary game with bat and ball. A couple of OK spells but pies meant that England dismissed Australia for far fewer than what he should've.
Archer 9 - amazing spell in the first innings. Looked dangerous.
Broad 7 - solid. Took important wickets and bowled well throughout.
Leach 7 - nothing to write home about with the ball, but the batting will go down in folklore.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bairstow deserves more than 5 IMO. Importance of that partnership with Stokes shouldn't be understated

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Broad was the third best bowler this Test match. He should score above all of Pattinson Cummins and Lyon.

morgieb

Bairstow deserves more than 5 IMO. Importance of that partnership with Stokes shouldn't be understated
Ehh...it was still only 30-odd and before that he was really struggling. He also got the Australian bowling at its worst. Important partnership yes but I don't know I could rank him higher when a lot of Aussies did something similar but only got 2/3.

Broad was the third best bowler this Test match. He should score above all of Pattinson Cummins and Lyon.
I can see that. With England I was sleeping for a lot of their spells so it's difficult to judge on anything but the scorebook, and he seemed to have a bit of a backseat role looking at that.

How has Pattinson got 7.5
Denly only a 5 ?
Denly probably should've gotten at least a 6, yeah. Not sure why I only gave him 5. Pattinson shouldn't have gotten the extra .5 either, not sure why I put him over the other three. Guess he didn't look as gassed as Cummins late on Day 4 but still. (possibly also a factor of him not getting smashed late - otherwise Cummins probably gets an 8 for example)

This is why you don't do ratings at 1:30am with a broken heart.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty sure match figures of 3/56 at an E/R of well under 2 is worthy of a 7.5

Keep in mind there were only scraps left by the time he got to bowl in the first dig