• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the tournament

Player of the tournament

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Schick probably has the strongest case of anyone but you can’t give it to someone who goes out in the quarters. Pedri was phenomenal too. But yeah it’ll be Sterling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I wouldn't be totally shocked if it went to Kjaer either.
Great finish for the equaliser, yeah. :ph34r:

With Sterling though, given one presumes it's not just Englishmen who vote, I do wonder if the feeling he "earned" the penalty in the semi might go against him.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Who’s been the Italian MVP? Jorginho?
Tricky one. Jorginho has mostly been fantastic but was pretty comprehensively outplayed in the semi final by Pedri and Olmo I thought.

Spinazzola was great until his injury. Maybe Bonucci since Chiellieni hasn't played every game?

Uppercut

Tricky one. Jorginho has mostly been fantastic but was pretty comprehensively outplayed in the semi final by Pedri and Olmo I thought.

Spinazzola was great until his injury. Maybe Bonucci since Chiellieni hasn't played every game?
Donnarumma imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Donnarumma imo.
Yeah, he has been really impressive. He's got that atmosphere/presence about him that all the really elite keepers have. Felt sure that once the Spain match went to pens Italy were going through. Took one look at him and thought "This is a bloke who just knows he's going to save at least one". Absolutely cool as a cucumber and not phased at all. WAG.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, he has been really impressive. He's got that atmosphere/presence about him that all the really elite keepers have. Felt sure that once the Spain match went to pens Italy were going through. Took one look at him and thought "This is a bloke who just knows he's going to save at least one". Absolutely cool as a cucumber and not phased at all. WAG.
Unlike DeGea in the Europa final, where you knew Utd were in serious trouble when it went to pens due to him.

On this, obviously final will be key, but not impossible Kane gets if he scores a few.

Obviously Chiellini and Chisa have a chance if Italy win.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting comment from one of my colleagues about John Stones, along the lines that we barely notice him because he's been so good. No idea whether he's player of the tournament, but he has been very good. And my colleague's French, fwiw.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would think if they give it to an England defender then it would be Maguire, since he’s been part of that defence while also threatening from set pieces.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gotta be an English defender and or the keeper. They've leaked 1 goal in 6 games, pretty crazy really

Uppercut

Interesting comment from one of my colleagues about John Stones, along the lines that we barely notice him because he's been so good. No idea whether he's player of the tournament, but he has been very good. And my colleague's French, fwiw.
I think that’s more because you’re so well organised without the ball that most attacks don’t get anywhere near the CBs.