• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the Month: February

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Symonds should be considered also.
Might be a bit too political a selection for CW. I've heard that there are counsellors on the lookout around here, heard that there are alarming numbers of members here who are devoted to "AA"!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
Might be a bit too political a selection for CW. I've heard that there are counsellors on the lookout around here, heard that there are alarming numbers of members here who are devoted to "AA"!
Andrew Symonds has universal appeal - at least, amongst those members of the type of society I move in.

The following are a list of people who love everything about Symonds:

1. Pub landlords
2. Late night taxi services
3. Draymen
4. Vintners
5. Wine importers
6. Pavement puke-cleaners
7. Hotel room service
8. Off-licence proprieters
9. The cork growers of Portugal
10. The entire population of the Champagne region of France

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Andrew Symonds has universal appeal - at least, amongst those members of the type of society I move in.
That goes without saying. You are living in Ireland at the moment, aren't you?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
That goes without saying. You are living in Ireland at the moment, aren't you?
It's funny you should say that - as we speak, the duck is actually interviewing him - listen:

<muffled quack> mutter mutter big feller mutter mutter air-brick at the top of the wall
<AS's muffled slurred strine> yeah, you're my best pal you are (hic) eeeurrrghhhhhhh oh, strewth. Look - carrots.

Now that's just a sneak preview, mind you - no letting on.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
OK, I think 8 days is enough deliberation for you front page people. Give us Ashraful on the front page, already :p

Either that, or if you put Harmison up there, then you'd better have the duck giving him his introduction. :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
OK, I think 8 days is enough deliberation for you front page people. Give us Ashraful on the front page, already :p

Either that, or if you put Harmison up there, then you'd better have the duck giving him his introduction. :D
Yeah, yeah, I'm a lazy student. Happy now?