• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the Month: February

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
why not player of the vb series player of the australian tour of new zealand
The VB series finished on the sixth of Feb and only three matches of that series were played in Feburary so most of the feats acheived were done so in Janurary therefore not really applicable to the player of the month for Feburary

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
I was wondering the same thing mate.

As Blaze pointed out, the majority of the VB Series was contested in January. And the three tests and two more ODIs are to come for the New Zealand v Australia series so that can't really be considered yet.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
If there's runners up, I think Vettori should be considered. When bowling against the best batting side in the world, he pretty much shuts down one end. 30 overs, 95 runs (or so) and 2 wickets. Then, tops it off with 83, tieing the highest ever score in an ODI by a number 8. Not too bad for a 26 yr old! :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
If there's runners up, I think Vettori should be considered. When bowling against the best batting side in the world, he pretty much shuts down one end. 30 overs, 95 runs (or so) and 2 wickets. Then, tops it off with 83, tieing the highest ever score in an ODI by a number 8. Not too bad for a 26 yr old! :happy:
If he'd played more and done this well he'd certainly be up for serious consideration. If he bowls well again in the Fourth ODI tonight yes, he'd be up for it (provided it hasn't already been decided).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No Age, wickets don't mean anything in ODI's, economy rate is the only thing that matters!!! ;)
And I've said that where, precisely?
Economy-rate is far more important, but if you've got the choice between taking wickets and not taking wickets, what do you think any bowler in their right mind would choose?

biased indian

International Coach
BlackCap_Fan said:
Vettori will only get third palce as we are already dealing with 2 players :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BlackCap_Fan said:
If there's runners up, I think Vettori should be considered.
Since it's already been said it's between 2 players, I guess that whoever doesn't get it is runner up...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
OK, what about for June then? Has there been any more cricket besides NatWest? :huh:

Ashraful would have to be up there, along with Harmison. KP has really only had one knock, but what a knock. Lee has bowled well, as has McGrath, while Collingwood's individual effort deserves recognition. Trescothick and Strauss at the top of the order...there's a fair bit to choose from.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
No arguments here. Should we be setting up another thread...like, seeing it isn't February?
Ah, but it will soon be NEXT February - well before we ever see June again.