• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Piran Holloway

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
It seems that Piran Holloway has left Somerset after having the rest of his contract at Somerset paid up. I am trying to confirm this with the club after the rumour on grockles but if it is the case then it a huge shame and an indication that all is not well at Taunton.

Piran has been ignored as far as I can see and not given a go this season when the batting has hardly set records (especially in the twenty20 bash). He is obviously not first choice and Gazzard has done well but it does seem somethings badly wrong when peripheral players would like to leave the club completely rather than see out the season in the hope of the odd game.

The whole point of having a bigger squad is so that positions are covered which ovbisoulky can't happen if those currently not playing are made to feel unwelcome. This might be 'silly speculating' as abhorred by Mr Clarke and company but as the club is likely to keep this kind of info under wraps for obvious reasons, speculate is all we can do for now.

:(

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Piran to Oz??

I heard back to Perth to his Scarborough club side which he coaches and plays for. I don't think another county is an option, bit like Lathwell.