• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pin Tendulkar's fail on one bowler or team collapse

Shri

Mr. Glass
hang on - i just liked your post and then the implication of 'other idiots' sunk in
I would never call you an idiot. Your IQ points would have to be below 20 for that. But I would call you an imbecile when the time comes though!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI managed a high score of 234 in the two tests of the farewell series and folded inside 3 days both games. I blame Ojha and Ashwin.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
There was that third Test in South Africa in 2001 that was played in the aftermath of the Mike Denness incident, which was deemed unofficial by the ICC.

Tendulkar was meant to be suspended for the Test, which provides us the extreme irony of his act of participating in a game, rather than sitting one out, being what rendered it unofficial and cost him the 'record'.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Last test on Pakistani soil. SL scores 650 something for 6 Pakistan is 100 odd for 1 at end of day 2 then the terrorist attack happens the next morning its safe to say on that bowlers graveyard an aggregate of 355 would have been scored over 3 days for the loss of 29 wickets,

Victor Ian

International Coach
Sheesh - If dead people didn't do it for you, that just may be the defining reason to Hate those bastards.

It really pisses me off that people somehow think to involve sports into their twisted political and war ambitions. Sports should be left out of everything and just played and supported.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sheesh - If dead people didn't do it for you, that just may be the defining reason to Hate those bastards.

It really pisses me off that people somehow think to involve sports into their twisted political and war ambitions. Sports should be left out of everything and just played and supported.
Also it'd be nice if they didn't shoot people and blow them up regardless

Victor Ian

International Coach
Anyways, if I can pull this thread back to something of it's original ambition - now that we have worked out it is missed days of play that is the cause of Tendulkar's unfortunate plight, I was originally hoping to hear about some quite unexpected bowling performances.

I'm not talking about things like McGrath, where he decimated England, but it was in conditions where you may have expected that. I was looking for a bowling performance that was just way out of the park unexpected, where one bowler was Hyde to everyone else's Jeckle for no particular reason - something where the pitch wasn't the factor. I think Gladstone Small may have done one of these once. That sort of stuff.

Victor Ian

International Coach
hmm. It wasn't Gladstone Small i was thinking about. I have some vague memory of my mate telling me about an English bowler taking something like 8 wickets in an innings that you would never have expected. Dunno ?