• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pick your England squad for pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain
from the England Pakistan test touring party who would you choose for the first test?

I thought this will be quite debatable considering the conditions and the youngsters coming through...

please also give reasons.

this is mine:

I would drop pieterson cause i think in those conditions Bell would do better and ultimately it would be an invaluable spin playing experience for him. I would pick loudon instead cause we can get an extra spinner in as well as another batsmen, also for him it will be an invaluable experience for his spin bowling and could eventually mould him into a world class all-rounder. I would pick Plunkett instead of Hoggard cause theres no conventional swing for him and he can't get away with bowling that slow on slow pitches with no movement, also Plunkett can bat a bit. Also Anderson to replace Simon Jones cause he gets good swing.

That gives Michael a lot of bowling options and strength in batting depth and also gives the youngens a chance and probably the most important expereince of their lives.

pick yours here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/squad_selector/default.stm

Attachments

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I stopped reading at the point where you said "I would drop pieterson [sic]".

Status
Not open for further replies.