• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I loathe to say it, but get well may not be the best choice of words :(
Do we know if they have announced a time today to announce an update on his condition?

Look, I reckon we write off doing this for Adelaide which will give us a couple of days up our sleeve to see how he is going...........we can then change the wording as appropriate. Everyone happy with that?

So come on you Victorians.......who is going to the boxing day test and wants to take our flag and display it? You'll also have to send it up to Sydney when done.

Spark

Global Moderator
Do we know if they have announced a time today to announce an update on his condition?

Look, I reckon we write off doing this for Adelaide which will give us a couple of days up our sleeve to see how he is going...........we can then change the wording as appropriate. Everyone happy with that?

So come on you Victorians.......who is going to the boxing day test and wants to take our flag and display it? You'll also have to send it up to Sydney when done.
Lalor already tweeted an update. No change.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If they let you in the members gate with it Vic, your then free to walk around the ground as you please aren't you? Don't have to hang it in the members area. Stick it up wherever you want and then head back to the members and suck on your Pimms all day........whoever does this at any of the venues, you don't have to police the thing all day, set it up in the morning and go do what you normally get up to at the cricket.

Just don't get pissed and forget to collect it at the end of the day.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Why not just "The Prince"?

The intention and emotion will be palpable in the atmosphere anyway, whether it's wishing for a "speedy recovery" or other less positive scenarios.

howardj

International Coach
Phillip Hughes damaged major artery and is not breathing on his own, says Alan Jones

Cricketer Phillip Hughes is breathing only with the assistance of medical technology after he was struck by a bouncer that damaged a major artery in the back of his head, broadcaster Alan Jones said on Thursday morning.
Jones, a Sydney Cricket Ground trustee and a friend of the injured 25-year-old, said Thursday was a critical day in the treatment of Hughes, who is in an induced coma after suffering an injury that was "much more serious than anyone had imagined".
A clearly emotional Jones said on his 2GB radio program on Thursday that he had been told that the "neurology is very, very bad, or in the language that the layman understands, the brain is very sick".
"What happened is that the blow from the cricket ball damaged ... a major artery in the back of his head and that caused bleeding over the skull and prevented blood from going to the brain," Jones said.
"Today is a critical day. I repeat, this is much more serious than anyone imagined. Medical technology is currently breathing for him. The brain is very sick and we pray for miracles."

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heard something similar from one of the media guys at the hospital but nothing confirmed officially so ....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good old Jonesy. Releases confidential medical details at will.

Apart form his own STD results.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Given this latest news I think it is clear that Hughes has a lengthy battle ahead of him and wont be out of the woods for some time.

How about we change the text on Wiffs flag to read "To THE PRINCE. The thoughts and prayers of all of <insert CW logo> are with you mate"

Or something to that effect?

Jeez I feel quite sick after hearing that news :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Why not just "The Prince"?

The intention and emotion will be palpable in the atmosphere anyway, whether it's wishing for a "speedy recovery" or other less positive scenarios.
Simple message, simple image, low-key website logo/text.